Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Audio Bitrate for Videos not showing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey VDJ team,

Nice work on VDJ8. Thanks for the hard work you guys are putting in.

The issue I am having, may be a bug or a design choice. If it is the latter I strongly suggest relooking at it.

Just to let you know that when you look at the bitrate for Videos, it is showing the video bitrate rather than the audio bitrate. There should be an option to show audio bitrate of videos in the browser.

In version 7 the audio bitrate is displayed, even for video tracks. Audio quality is always going to be more important than video quality, so there needs to be a field for it. Ideally, you should have two fields - one for audio bitrate and one for video bitrate. However, if we must choose, please show audio bitrate, even for videos, in the browser.

Thanks!

Inviato Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:52 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
prasanf wrote :
...There should be an option to show audio bitrate of videos in the browser.

At least for me, a good idea...
Let´s see what the developers think about...

Inviato Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
yes, indeed audio bitrate is more useful to see in the Browser fields even for video files.
I have reported this request to the Dev Team. Hopefully in a future update

Inviato Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:23 am
Thanks Babis...would be really cool...
but wouldn´t it make sense to have both bitrates displayed...?
at least as an option..?

Inviato Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:31 am
I agree.

Audio Bitrate should always be audio

Maybe they can add a video bitrate also.

Inviato Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:32 am
yes please...agree that audio bitrate is prior...but videobitrate is also important i think...

Inviato Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:43 am
Thanks VDJ team! Look forward to the update.

Inviato Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:57 am
Guys still no audio bitrate for videos. Is it that difficult to add another field to the database? If so just please change the bitrate to AUDIO whether it is a video or audio only track. I had a very difficult time using VDJ8 for the first time in a gig, as I was not sure whether the next song was high quality audio, or an older version that I had for editing purposes.

Please make a change soon!

Thanks

Inviato Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:35 pm
i think we need still a litte bit patience. shure this request is being read, but guess at the moment there a other things in prior.... ;-)

greetz
rob

Inviato Sat 31 May 14 @ 2:48 am
True there are higher priority items. But this is also very important, not just a cosmetic thing. Anything that affects audio quality should be priority in my opinion. Plus, I can't imagine it is that difficult to fix. Maybe I am mistaken, and it requires a lot of work.

Inviato Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 10:26 pm
Nearly 2 years gone by. Come on guys please add the ability to see audio bit rate of videos in the browser. It cannot be that hard to do.

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 12:25 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)