Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Clipbank in version 8 - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The folder selector only shows folders, not files, so once you are in the right folder just click open and it should select that folder.

Inviato Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 4:17 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
A couple of things I'd also like to ask about concerning video sample is there ever going to be a solution to the blank screens above the decks when playing audio only files, not only does it not look right when you or a member of the audience is looking at the screen it was a quick visual reminder that I had a track ready in that deck or indeed there was one playing..... you got to admit, it just doesn't look right >

And point two, can you bring back the activate video button please, this comes in handy if I have lost the screens and need them back quickly....

For me and I suppose many others, the clipbank selection process should be available within the current video sampler and not as an after thought outside of it in another folder.

To be honest I'm not using V8 just now because of the blank screens, I did try it a while back and enjoyed using it because it has many plus points, but I just can't get my head round those blank screens.

Be great if you can give us an idea whether the above is going to be looked at or will just stay as they are.... Thanks.

Inviato Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 11:23 am
Also here we need the clipbank !! I hope it will be fixed very soon!
Also the remark of the enable-disabel button for video that we are missing in VDJ8.
Please, a quick sollution.
Kind regards.

Inviato Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 3:39 am
Hi all, I've had VDJ 8 downloaded and installed on my laptop since it was released but I cannot use it because I cannot find a way to play a video file like a mp4 that I created myself to play while I am only playing a mp3 (audio) file. The video file is just the club logo moving around with effects. The club wants me to play that while a play a standard mp3 file. VDJ 7 that is possible by using Clipbank, load the video file and auto loop my video file.

if Clipbank is not going to be added to VDJ8 is there something else that I can do? If so is there a thread or instructions somewhere that I can go to and check out?

Thanks again

Inviato Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 8:20 pm
A few months ago, I was asking for Clipbank to return. I used it for my gigs all the time, and was devastated I could no longer use it.
I read the manual a few times, then I checked out the How To Videos. I soon realized just how much better the Sampler was for displaying Videos than Clipbank ever was. The Sampler is fantastic.

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 2:15 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Worth noting that the SlideShow visualisation can also do videos as well as pictures.

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 4:45 am

Inviato Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 2:30 am
On V7 I Love the Clipbank !!!
Slideshow as Audio Only Effect are Cool but on Mac it does´t Work.
When i load Videos for the Slideshow every File run only 1 sec ?!

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:51 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Please bring back Clipbank in Virtual DJ 8. I work exclusively with music videos, except when we have live acts on stage, at which point I want a video loop playing that corresponds to the act, I could do this with videos in folders & using Slideshow, but it's much easier to stick with Virtual DJ 7 which does this perfectly, especially when I may have more than one act on in a night, each with their own video loops.
Also a deal breaker for me is for Essential Visuals (Telly Visuals) to output to the master video rather than having to set it up separately on each deck which is a waste of time & doesn't look half as professional as it does in Virtual DJ 7 where I can have graphic overlays, a logo & scrolling text adverts running statically over the output rather than the way it works in VDJ8 with it transitioning each time you change track.
I really like the look of Virtual DJ 8 but until it can handle video as professionally as Version 7, I'm sticking with 7.

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 2:30 pm
Everything else in V8 seems to be getting looked at, upgraded or fixed or even implemented, after all of these months since V8s release no one has even come onto the forums and said, yes guys it's on the to do list we're getting round to doing it just hang on in there and, why do we still have to put up with blank screens on our monitors no matter which skin we use, as for using the slideshow folders as a makeway fix is for me an indication of either one of two things...

1, the guys are working like hell in the background to finally give us a video sampler that we have been asking for, in all it's glory or...

2, there is absolutely no way in hell will they be doing any requested fixes to this part of V8 anytime soon or ever come to that.

I love this software and hate being negative, so I hope it's option one that is on the agenda.

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 3:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Sven DeKay wrote :

You can adjust the length of the slideshow, if you put it all the way to the right it will fully play the videos.

Can anyone explain what exactly you could do with the v7 clipbank that you cannot do with either the video slideshow or the video sampler in v8?

Inviato Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 12:11 am
Actually I would love to explain everything to you what in my opinion is wrong with the video sampler without being emotive or confrontational, just a concise plan of what is lacking in the video sampler and a few tweaks that could be added, but first you would have to look back four years to the original beta forum when V8 was first conceived and suggestions as to where it should be headed, you'll see some of the input I made to get an idea what has as yet not materialised in what should have been a great asset to vdj, but as it stands the plugin is lacking even the basics that other software are now using as standard.

I realise your time is taking up with other projects and you may not be able to get away from your schedule but I'll send you my Skype contact if you would like to chat further which is a much easier way of communication than text and images on a forum, or I can try and explain here in the thread what we video users are trying to achieve/need... Cheers

Inviato Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 7:06 am
Adion wrote :
Sven DeKay wrote :

You can adjust the length of the slideshow, if you put it all the way to the right it will fully play the videos.

On my MacBook i can adjust the lengh of the slideshow too
But it does not work , every file run only 1 sec and then comes the next file.
I Play every weekend with Videos and until now i have always used the Clipbank
for pure Audio files to run Visual Videos. Since there is no longer the Clipbank
I search for an Alternative. The slideshow Sounds good and it is almost the same
But it does not work properly on my MacBook

MacBook Pro Retina 2014, Yosemite and VDJ 8 with the newest Build

Inviato Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:04 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Adion wrote :
Can anyone explain what exactly you could do with the v7 clipbank that you cannot do with either the video slideshow or the video sampler in v8?

Just Use ClipBank in v7 to replicate the features and usefulness of this wonderful plugin combined with the ClipBank Random plugin features, Please.
This is the only thing holding me back...and many others from using v8, I'm not able to use v8 the way I use v7 to do my shows keeping things consistent in the way I am able to do it with v7.

Inviato Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 7:33 pm
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not trying to be mean but I think some people need to learn to use the sampler a little better as well as Telly Visuals

Inviato Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 8:44 pm
I'm well aware of how to use the sampler, to suggest other users and myself don't is a flawed argument and insulting, it's obvious in using your reasoning you don't rely much on the video side of things when doing your shows. The video sampler, while it offers great potential with minimal improvement as it stands, is a disappointment to a lot of users.

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 5:37 am
+1

tayla wrote :
I'm well aware of how to use the sampler, to suggest other users and myself don't is a flawed argument and insulting, it's obvious in using your reasoning you don't rely much on the video side of things when doing your shows. The video sampler, while it offers great potential with minimal improvement as it stands, is a disappointment to a lot of users.

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 8:06 am
Tayla
I don't understand why you say that? everything clipbank can do Sampler can do plus more.

1. you can edit samples before you play them.
2. You can add unlimited numbers of samples

Then on top of that add Telly media then you can
1. re-size the video output
2 have multiple video windows

Its a no brainer IMHO

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 12:42 pm
jenhen wrote :
Tayla
I don't understand why you say that? everything clipbank can do Sampler can do plus more.

1. you can edit samples before you play them.
2. You can add unlimited numbers of samples

Then on top of that add Telly media then you can
1. re-size the video output
2 have multiple video windows

Its a no brainer IMHO

But !!!!
Telly does not run on Mac
Milk Drop does not run on Mac
Pangolin does not run on Mac
and the Sampler have no option to configure it as Audio Only Option

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 12:48 pm
Telly media can be your audio only option (also better than clipbank)
VDJ is not good for Macs IMO

Inviato Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 12:55 pm
62%