Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: post fader FX - Page: 7

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

This is the only script I could get to work,

crossfader & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? crossfader_disable 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'echo' 1 80% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 1 effect_slider 'echo' 1 80% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 1 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0% : crossfader & crossfader_disable 0

And Im loving the way its set!!

For some reason I have to manually turn the echo on deck 2 though??

Inviato Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 8:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
\yep that's the advanced 1, great for slamming the crossfader to each side in build ups, and for trailed transitions, I haven't had chance to crab with it.

That's pretty strange,
1 that only 1 of the 2 xfader scripts work &
2 The switching needing more than 1 press on per side

What are you using button wise?
I'll have a look, I was sure that was solid.

Could you check and put the button script on 2 custom buttons (1 each side) Mousey only for fault finding
each button should turn each respective echo on.

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 2:51 am
Ok just so I'm on the same page,

You want me to use the same script on 2 different buttons on the skin and not on a controller, right??

Also could you add Reverb to the script please?? I want a dynamic kind of echo if that makes sense?

Again though bro, HUGE THANKS for putting in the time and effort to get this working. Y'all keep this up and I'll be back to using VDJ live again 😉

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 8:45 am
Yep The same script on two custom buttons on the skin (one for each deck) and each button will turn each side on
This should prove (test) that the script is good and that will lead me to believe there's something different about your HW.

You want a dynamic reveb echo'd crossfader, no problem.

Advanced Xfader with added reverb
crossfader & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? crossfader_disable 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'echo' 1 80% & deck 2 effect_active 'reverb' 1 : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 1 effect_slider 'echo' 1 80% & deck 1 effect_active 'reverb' 1 : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 1 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0% & deck 1 effect_active 'reverb' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'reverb' 0 : crossfader & crossfader_disable 0

I've had a thought as to why why tradition XF script didn't work at all for you... perhaps the echo strength was set to 0% at your end?
The traditional one is open for the user to pick the echo strength via the controller, the advanced one bounces the echo strength up and down automatically,
older scripts brought up GUIs to show you what was happening....... Perhaps I need to send the echo to a FX slot *ponders* (start thinking for the limits of HW)

And finally I've come up with a clear plan to have these type of chains as something you can navigate to like any other effect and not as a dedicated button,
BUT whilst possible right now, it would mean having to change every skin and mapping that uses effect select, only a little bit, but it's a pretty hug task.

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:06 am
Ok I'll test this all out tonight cause I'm at this small hicup called a "day job", lmao!!

As for the script not working now that I think about it your right I think. I never touched the echo knob so I do believe it was still on 0%.

Again I'll test all this out tonight an let you know how it's going!!

I always have the multi effects open on my skin so I can see when the echo is on/off so I think that's all good there.

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:22 am
Ok bro both crossfader scripts work!! Hell yeah!!

Now I haven't gotten around to trying out the custom buttons yet because I've been having to much fun cuttin it up, lmmfao!!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day here so I probably won't get around to it for a day or 2 but the way it is now is perfect for me and the little bit of scratching that I do, lol!

Inviato Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:29 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Woa works tremendous its fabolus,its amanzing I been using same set up with rane tt57 long time ago with serato ,but with vdj8 works better im using my Hércules rmx congratulations!!!!!!!

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 3:55 am
espepe wrote :
.....using same set up with rane tt57 long time ago with serato ,but with vdj8 works better im using my Hércules rmx congratulations!!!!!!!

Fantastic ;-)

4 deck assignable crossfader is in the works, I've got it working in principle, just some logic to work out for !leftcross & !rightcross
240 lines of script, just for the crossfader, and counting.

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 10:02 am
Ok so I mapped 2 custom buttons (1 on each side, deck 1/deck 1) I then mapped the sync button on my DDJ SP1 and now I have a button for each deck!!!

So adding the script to custom buttons seems to work.

BUT I have to have the multi effects window open in order for it to work and I can't seem to get my buttons LED's light up when I turn it on?? Any ideas there to get it working??

And 1 last thing, can you add the reverb to the traditional script please?

Also when I reverse the crossfader (hamster style) it won't reverse WHILE the script is active, not a big deal for me but for other it could be.

Anyways I gotta help the wife before she throws my decks out the window, lmmfao!! Thanks bro and HAPPY THANKGIVING 🍴🍗🍺

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 10:25 am
Ok I'll address in order

1 Multi effects window , I have ideas that it's to do with your controller, I'll try adding effect slots to the script at some point soon (few days)

2 Reverb to traditional Xfader, can do, (few days) how do you want it to act? reverb when active or when active and the fader is closed?

3 Hamster style, Not addressed yet, pretty simple to do, I just want to have a few confirmations that the script is solid before I include it. (trying to keep it simple until all fault finding is done)

4 Tell your missus not to throw it out the window she can UPS it to me.

Still on with 4 decks, 410 lines of script now.

Inviato Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 11:49 am
Ok huey I think I have a lead to the won't work on deck 2 issue (even with customs mapped to your HW) I've found the same with keyboard mapped to customs too
This works nicely with keyboarded customs here, (I've L&R split the script)
These are for users with a split definition file (quite rare), or those wanting to put them on custom buttons.
(honestly, customs are huge if you're willing to abandon effect select etc, and spend the time fully mapping HW to work with customs as they did effect select, not only can you call all effects but you can call chains, or any other script)

script for left button or left custom button
deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 0 : crossfader_disable 0 & crossfader +0% & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 0 : deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : crossfader_disable 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95%

script for right button or right custom button
deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 0 : crossfader_disable 0 & crossfader +0% & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 0 : deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : crossfader_disable 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95%

Let me know if this sorts it and I can the start on the 4 deck button(s). (4 deck crossfader is done, only 350 lines of script)

& you still haven't explained how you'd like the traditional with reverb (I asked a couple of posts ago)

Inviato Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 11:27 am
Ok I did get my DDJ SP1 buttons mapped using the previous scripts not the newest batch you just posted (actually I never even tried your new ones yet). Here's a quick video.....and yeah I know it's crappy but you get my drift 😜

As for the reverb Im not sure if I need now, let me think about it and I'll get back to you.

Inviato Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 5:31 pm
Yep that makes sense, the DJM T1 definition isn't shared, so the button scripts have to be deck specific ( like the 2 most recent scripts, different script per side) , the SP1 is shared (like most gear) so the ( longer, older "leftdeck ? " ) script works,

Lights I'll try get sorted before anything else,

Inviato Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 6:52 pm
Ok next question,

Is there anyway to switch between the standard crossfader (no post fade), the traditional and the advanced crossfader with the Reverb??

If it can't be done that's cool cause you've gone way beyond here 👍

And yes the lights would be perfect. Oh and also I don't need to have the multi effects open in order for this to work!! Kick ass bro!!

Inviato Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 7:49 pm
Yeah there should be a way (It's all just "Yes|No" logic)
Describe how you think it should work (button presses etc) I don't want to go too far down this road yet, I'll scribble ideas down but I want what we've got solid so I can move on to writing up 4 decks.

Ok update and testing time
I've figure out the lights (well I have here on customs) that's the only thing I've done *oh I also sent the echo effect to slot 1*
(If it doesn't light up then your HW lights need remapping and there's too much there for me to take on, maybe request help for your specific case,
Unless of course staff care to advise if I could write it in to the script
The logic is
if that side is PFFX then the light is On
if that side isn't PFFX but the other is, the light blinks
if no side is PFFX the light is off

This is the 2 decks PFFX button for shared mappers (you put one script in and it works 2 HW buttons L&R decks)
leftdeck ? deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' ? on & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & crossfader_disable 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & deck 1 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : off & crossfader_disable 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 1 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' ? on & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & crossfader_disable 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & deck 2 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : off & crossfader_disable 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95%

If the above script only effects the active deck then you need a separate script per button (you don't have a shared mapping) also these 2 are what to use if you're using custom buttons
Left deck PFFX button
deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' ? on & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & crossfader_disable 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & deck 1 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : off & crossfader_disable 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 1 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95%

Right deck PFFX button
deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' ? on & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & crossfader_disable 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & deck 2 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : off & crossfader_disable 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95%

Inviato Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 9:45 am
locodog wrote :

I've figure out the lights (well I have here on customs) that's the only thing I've done *oh I also sent the echo effect to slot 1*
(If it doesn't light up then your HW lights need remapping and there's too much there for me to take on, maybe request help for your specific case,
Unless of course staff care to advise if I could write it in to the script
The logic is
if that side is PFFX then the light is On
if that side isn't PFFX but the other is, the light blinks
if no side is PFFX the light is off

This is the 2 decks PFFX button for shared mappers (you put one script in and it works 2 HW buttons L&R decks)
leftdeck ? deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' ? on & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & crossfader_disable 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & deck 1 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : off & crossfader_disable 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 1 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : deck 1 effect_active 'volume' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' ? on & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' ? deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & crossfader_disable 0 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 0 & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 0 : blink & deck 2 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : off & crossfader_disable 1 & deck 1 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 1 'echo' 1 & param_bigger crossfader 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_smaller crossfader 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95%

This is PERFECT!!! Working great here!!

Inviato Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 11:07 am
this topic is been busy! I think we should recieve a message everytime someone writes on our topics/subscriptions....
I didn't know PFFX worked on active decks,this explains some minor issues (deck 1 and 2 not playing) when using the PFFX script, anyway I mostly scratch with deck 2 or 4, thats why I didn't complain about the minor issues, but I just checked the PFFX turning Echo FX on deck 2 if I'm holding(vinyl) that deck.
I think you could do a 4 PFFX script with no FX selected, a key to turn ON PFFX,then we could activate the FX we wanted to post fade...I think this way there wouldn't be issues like instead of turning PFFX OFF, turns Echo FX ON on deck 1... idk just a tought...

Inviato Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 11:19 am
@ Huey awesome, I wasn't sure it would work with HW lights (writing in the light script seems really backwards to usual scripting)

vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
I think you could do a 4 PFFX script with no FX selected, a key to turn ON PFFX,then we could activate the FX we wanted to post fader

Not a bad idea, I got caught up with trying to cover all scenarios with 1 press on&off per side, but I think I'm going to stay the course, it might be the biggest work around ever, but it's still an FX, 1 button on, same button off

@Partyboy, I've discovered a new bit of script (new to me), that should sort the "active issue" If you take the script beatbreaker1 posted (directly above your last post) and change

leftdeck ?

to

action_deck 1 ?

That should clear up the minor issues.
4 decks is on the way, I'm pondering a problem with the xfader assign (sometimes it causes problems) the only way I see to address it will be rescripting the xfader assign buttons (only a little bit) but I've only discovered the problem today so thinking time helps.

Inviato Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 2:06 pm
thanks,your script is fine! I understand now how it works about the active deck, I only have issues if I switch PFFFX button when the decks aren't playing, because of that active deck stuff, I have 2 SCS1d decks,and when decks are paused, active deck(select) gets a little crazy so it keeps jumping left/right on the SCS1m mixer, until one deck is playing,then that deck becomes the master deck, I had never noticed that before,because I only had one SCS1d deck, since about a month ago I bought another deck, so I was always on deck 2 (favourite scratch deck).
Locodog's PFFX script Rocks!
thank again

Inviato Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 3:26 pm
It works but im still dealing with the echo shuting off if i start another record on the same deck....so im still not getting true PFFX but it does sound good. Loco you are a genius still.

Inviato Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 7:07 pm
54%