Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Singer Rotation list

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok, if this subject has been addressed, I haven't seen it. So here is, when I conduct karaoke, I use notepad for the singer rotation list. Just type in the names. New singer shows up, add them to the bottom. When it's time for the next singer, I announce, they come up, request their song, and in 5 seconds the browser has found it and I have loaded it. I don't use slips or preload songs. This in mind, could a plugin be developed that simply turns the sideview into a notepad where singer rotation names could be typed and scrolled, such as on a busy night. The karaoke features 8 has are great, but it doesn't have a rotation, I don't think. If so, someone point me in that direction please. If not, hey staff, give this a think.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 2:27 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Wish granted: Just for you

http://tinypic.com/r/7gwz/8

Look at the side list at the bottom there's a Karaoke option.

When they approach find their song add it to the list, ask for their name, Later once they have started singing right click remove (this takes it out of the running order)
If someone is at the toilet or something you can go to the next track down and leave the absentee at the top.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 4:18 pm
Helloooooooo Locodog!! But, alas, not what I 'm looking for. This feature in 8 is great if you preload songs, cause ya have to have a song before you can add a singer. Then when that song and singer is done, if you remove that song from the list, it removes the singer as well and you lose that singer in the rotation. There are times when I'll be firing things up, look around the room, see 12 or 14 regular singers, ask and get a feel for who was there earliest, and type all their names into a rotation list, where they stay until they start leaving for the night. Once in awhile a singer will tell me what they want to sing before hand, then I just put a little note beside their name for that song for that rotation.
And then I thought, there are times I'll do a special gig where people want certain things done at certain times, or special vids they want to see or etc.. Wouldn't it be nice to have a sidelist type pad to keep reminders for these special items handy. I use a piece of paper now. Or during an evening of play, different thoughts or ideas pop into your head and you would like to quickly jot down before ya forget'em. I know some karaoke programs do all sorts of fancy things, scolling this and that, singer history (yawn), etc., but I've found singers are more interested in how the music and they sound, than fancy bells and whistles. All I need is a way to make a rotation list. My good friend VDJ8 does the rest.:-)

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:16 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Ok,
this karaoke side list is just there, you don't have to use it to scheduled songs, or even play from it. you could just add any song any 14 songs, remove the Artist and title fields within the list and then you just have a list waiting for singers names to be added, highlight the current singer to keep track or even when a singer has their turn drag them to the bottom of the list.

http://tinypic.com/r/2r7v62v/8

Why people don't get that you can copy and rename tunes as much as you like, Want a place to keep notes, find a track any track, copy it, rename it to notepad, use the comments field or the user 1 or 2 fields.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:33 pm
Alrighty then Loco, ya got my attention. Now I gotta figure out how you did that.Thanks Bud, I haven't seen that yet!:-)

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 7:54 pm
LocoDog, you da man! Figured it out and that will work fine. Thanks a bunch!!

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 7:58 pm
But I'd still like to have a simple notepad.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 10:27 pm
A type in row that you can add that is temp until you close v8 !

Inviato Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 1:10 am
KJBoopPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I use a ad on called Telly Visuals. It works great. As I get singers I add their name to the list. It scrolls across the bottom of the screen. Then a seperate scroll on top of screen to say welcome yada yada don't forget to tip your bartender.

Inviato Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 3:49 am
How to use ROTATE option in telly visuals???
Can someone help me???

Inviato Mon 07 May 18 @ 6:45 am
I devised a system for the exact same reason. I get to the club, regulars are already there and waiting, and I want to get a rotation started. I went a different route; I created a folder on my external HD where my karaoke files are stored, named 'venues', then inside that folder more folders with the names of all the clubs/pubs/bars I host, then inside each of those folders I create folders with the singers' names who i encounter frequently at those venues, and then if they have 'signature' songs they perform every week I place a copy of the karaoke file in their folder, edit the tags on the copy so the 'remix' field is the singer's name, and then place an action POI at the beginning of the track to automatically adjust the key to that singer's preference(if any). Then I favorited the 'venues' folder at the top of the tree, and then added that favorite to a custom sidelist slot. Then when I arrive, I open the folder of the bar I'm at, see who's there and slide the singer name folders around accordingly. I use this method in tandem with the karaoke sidelist, cuts down the time on getting the singing started a ton.

Inviato Wed 23 May 18 @ 11:12 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Viveksaab wrote :
How to use ROTATE option in telly visuals???
Can someone help me???

I would pose this question in the TV thread,
[url}https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193428/addons/TellyVisuals.html[/url]

locodog wrote :
Why people don't get that you can copy and rename tunes as much as you like, Want a place to keep notes, find a track any track, copy it, rename it to notepad, use the comments field or the user 1 or 2 fields.

Even use the built in track editor. Then you don't take up file space for each track, just a few lines of text.
I like the Karaoke list for Karaoke.
I will say, having a notepad in the side list would be handy for other things outside of Karaoke. Being able to edit the comments or user field in the info area would work, like you can change the rating. But, Just a scratchpad is handy. Right now I Alt-Tab to another program. Seeing it on the same screen would be nice.

Inviato Wed 23 May 18 @ 6:42 pm
I would still like an option for the song and singer to remain on the list and not get auto-removed once the song is complete. Helps me keep track of the order of singers in rotation.

Inviato Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 8:15 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
I would still like an option for the song and singer to remain on the list and not get auto-removed once the song is complete. Helps me keep track of the order of singers in rotation.

me too

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 4:19 am
I try to keep my rotation in order of initial request. I can't keep it fair if there's no list for names of singers NOT songs. It's part of the reason that I haven't used VirtualDJ in a real show yet and am leaning towards PCDJ DEX 3 Pro as it has a real rotation management system built-in. One can actually load more than one song into a singer's list and still guarantee that singers who follow get their chance to sing. I don't do a strict sing one bring one and I don't use slips or sheets of paper to set the rotation. I use remote requests like Ask The DJ to take requests. The only way that I can do it is to open up notepad on the computer and the less apps that I have open the better. Just a notepad in the karaoke side view that I can list the singer's names would be a better choice than dropping the song in.

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 19 @ 7:40 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
After turning off the auto remove played and creating a placeholder track, I’ve been able to make do with the singer rotation in the Karaoke sideview of VDJ.

While I still have a wish list for the side view, I do like the history features.

I haven’t needed notepad or any external program this year.

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 19 @ 10:47 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)