Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: no luck so far

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

all,

I have been tracking the free version (the home version isn't offered yet or ?) of vdj8. (is this right? I don't see a VDJ8 s/n in my account?)

latest build 1834 here loads a song on one deck, can play it but there is no visual feedback that it is playing. No spinning or whatsoever.
Also, I cannot load any other track the the second deck.

This is with w7.

So I decided to install it on a win xp system. old dell. here it works fine visually but the sound is skipping and heavily distorted.

On both systems VDJ7 7.4.1b work just fine without any hickups.

Inviato Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 11:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There is no home version anymore, everybody has VDJ 8 and if you've paid things get unlocked

The old xp system what is the processor load? (V8 needs more memory than V7 did)

As for the visual issue, more feedback from you will be required, laptop spec etc, is this issue new? (did it happen on the earlier V8 builds)

Inviato Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 12:02 pm
>There is no home version anymore, everybody has VDJ 8 and if you've paid things get unlocked

ok understood that if I log in, things get unlocked. Not happy about it but then, it is the way it is.
Not going anywehere with a laptop and gig.

>The old xp system what is the processor load? (V8 needs more memory than V7 did)

low. nowhere near 60%. Audacity, rekordbox, you ame it all work OK but playing a track
with v8 -- heavily distorted and irreular, skips, sometimes two beats short after each other.

>As for the visual issue, more feedback from you will be required, laptop spec etc, is this issue new? (did it happen on the earlier V8 builds)

I tried at least three builds. it is not only a visual issue. The program can play the first track loaded; the whole GUI itself is frozen as in -- no analyzing track, no vu, no cpu load. all is frozen. you cannot load a second track either. cue and play does work on that loaded track.

I installed it on a third laptop for testing and that was the only laptop where it seems to work OK although the CPU load peaks near 90+ %.
(the celeron one)

the laptop with almost any element freezing is:
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz, 4GB memory, 64bit windows 7.

the laptop that works but sound is skipping, repeating and heavily distorted:
Dell D620, 32bits Windows XP. 2GB memory, core 2 duo 1.83GHz

The laptop that works just fine:
celeron 1.73GHz, 2GB memory

Inviato Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 9:25 am
[deleted]

Inviato Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 9:37 am
On the system with sound problems, you may need to change some audio config settings.

I guess you're just using onboard sound.

Try changing:
ultralatency
overclock
exclusiveaudioaccess

Inviato Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 10:36 am
locodog wrote :
There is no home version anymore, everybody has VDJ 8 and if you've paid things get unlocked

This is not correct - if you just skip the login window of the Software you can still test all features for 10 minutes (demo mode) - after that it switches back to Home Free mode like the version 7 before.

So you ca use it with limited features but free for home and non commercial stuff.

Greets, Heiko

Inviato Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 10:43 am
groovindj wrote :
On the system with sound problems, you may need to change some audio config settings.

I guess you're just using onboard sound.

Try changing:
ultralatency
overclock
exclusiveaudioaccess

latest build installed (v8.0.1845):

I seached ultralatency as well as overclock --- not found
exclusiveaudioaccess is now switched on but no difference is heard.

Inviato Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 5:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ultralatency and overclock are advanced options. So make sure you checked the "show advanced options" checkbox in the option settings.

Inviato Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 6:11 am
@056216587 - Please desist from spamming the forum by posting copies of other users posts or your account will be locked.

These pointless posts have now been moderated and hidden from view.

If you have a genuine question, please open your own topic making sure that you give as much information as possible for other users to be able to help you.

Please only use this forum for reporting bugs with the new VirtualDJ v8. Posts on any other subject should be posted in another appropriate forum such as general discussion, PC/Mac version technical support, etc.

Inviato Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 8:12 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)