Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: TEXT TO SCREEN PLUGIN using only WiFi (DJ provided or Facility Provided) - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Now I got it to work.

Thanks !

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 12:11 am
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
You're welcome :)

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 1:06 am
I Just can say this works great !

Now I have to prepare for some voting sets, anyone got any tips what to vote about ?

*Just did a vote set for different genres that people want me to play.

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 4:26 pm
Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice given. Yes, that's exactly correct. The "Mobile Partner" (and similar programs that works on other modems) is needed to effectively "open the modem". Unfortunately if you close that program, it will "close the modem". If you leave Mobile Partner open and then start IMU, the IMU program itself will close Mobile Partner without closing the modem.

I was pretty sure we cover this in the help file, and particularly in the section that says "First time users should start here!"

Let me know if we can clarify this further. We want all of our users to have a good time with the software.

Regarding Voting, we believe that this is very simple. Have you watched the Tutorial Videos? They can be accessed on the HELP menu of the software, or on our YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL96970099A025128D

Best regards,

William Benner

Inviato Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 4:22 pm
you need to make better videos ... I cant find a lot about setting up phone to your software. I looked all over as it should be easy and have instructions somewhere. any help would be great!

Inviato Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 12:10 am
The instructions are in the help file, and linked from gigantic text on the start screen that says "If this is your first time using the software, start here".

But nevertheless you are right. IMU has been on the market for around 14 years. Most of the videos were made around 7 years ago, with the exception of the Virtual DJ plugin videos made 2 or 3 years ago. We can certainly make another video showing what we believe is the best modem to use -- the E182E which costs only $25 and works with all versions of Windows, including Windows 10.

This is our busiest time of the year, what with all of the preparations for Christmas, new years, and other holiday parties going on, we are really busy working in other areas of endeavor (including a Virtual DJ plugin to help people do laser shows).

Nevertheless your point is well taken, and when the time permits we will make another video to show how to setup the E182E and other similar modems with IMU. In the mean time, perhaps this chapter will help. It's pretty old, but the principles are the same as they are today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d93tNwZdCo

And don't forget, we have the support forum, email, and also even support by telephone if anyone really gets stick...

Best regards,

William Benner

Inviato Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 2:27 am
I am having trouble getting a provider in Canada that will allow this idea.. Is there a better choice and also there is more then one type of sim card..... The choices are wind, virgin , Telus, Rodgers , Bell..... I went to all of them and none had a clue about any of this they tried to sell me a 200$ stick and then wanted me to pay for three years of service even tho none had ever seen this work or could find any info on it..

Inviato Sat 14 Nov 15 @ 1:46 am
ok, had two texts make it through and the rest didn't.. I would love to get this set up.. The sim card cost 15$ the month service is 5$ or 15$ for unlimited text , they shut of the data and the card is a pay as you go .. this way im not spending anything on it.
I have something wrong in my settings as it shows the text in the program but not in yours.. the usb is a usb 306 from telus and its made by serria.. any help would be awesome... I see where im going to rule this. Thanks

Inviato Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 7:29 am
Hey Tycoon !

Did you do this.
1. Start Mobile Partner, DON’T CLICK CONNECT. (Mobile Partner is the program that comes with the modem.)
2. Start IMU and Mobile Partner closes.
3. Run “Communication Setup Wizard”.
4. Run “Test” & Test is successful.

Good luck!

Inviato Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 2:58 pm
TellyVisuals Plus can connect to IMU and iWall. iWall can also connect to social media services but can be costly. I have an experimental TV that can connect to Pushbullet. Pushbullet uses an Android phone and allows text messages from any of the messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook messenger, LINE, the Pushbullet app, and MySMS as well as SMS. This gives the user a choice on how they would like to send messages. iWall for social media and Pushbullet require that an internet connection is available. If you don't care about SMS, you don't even need a sim card with iWall or Pushbullet. For PB, an android emulator can be run on your PC if you don't care about SMS. TV with PB is still experimental and giving it out to plus users on request. We are still in the process of creating documentation for it. You can google Pushbullet to find out more information about it.

TV Plus also supports the full emoji emoticon set so users can send their emoticons as is from their phones.

Inviato Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 3:17 pm
Hey Don.

So your new TellyVisual Plus is working as the original program with sms and modem, receive more emoticons and have new connection support ?

Inviato Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 6:28 pm
Absolutely! It is not offered as an addon though. You will need the TellyVisuals Plus version. I had all the links in my homepage but they seem to be gone :(

Since I am not allowed to talk about such things here, you can email me about it:

donmoir@comcast.net

Inviato Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 6:32 pm
Thnx

Inviato Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 6:34 pm
TV Plus 1.83 will do it for IMU and iWall. I offer a special version for use with Pushbulllet and that is TV Plus 1.97. All plus users get everything. I am just putting up TVPB special for now since it takes some knowledge about PB etc and still getting the documentation together for it. All TV Plus versions contain all the emoji emoticons and more. You can use any of them in any text in TV as well as they are automatically used when received as text messages from anywhere.

I see I had to hit the down arrow on my home page to see the links for TV website etc.

Inviato Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 6:40 pm
freppa wrote :
Hey Don.

So your new TellyVisual Plus is working as the original program with sms and modem, receive more emoticons and have new connection support ?

Just want to be clear on this. TV Plus works with IMU and iWall and has for a long time. In this case, IMU and iWall are responsible for handling the SMS modem and that is how it has always been and has not changed. The emoji emoticons have been added to TV+ among other things. All versions of TM and TV are actively supported. Plus users get additional support and can be most anything but if your having a problem with your girl friend then that is your problem :) When using TellyVisuals with Pushbullet, it feeds off an android phone and does not need a modem. You still need a SIM card of course if you are interested in SMS. If you don't need SMS then Pushbullet and TV Plus can work without an android phone by using an android emulator on your PC. This way people can still text to you with a variety of messaging apps available for Android.

Inviato Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 7:55 pm
It failed with the seirra 306 and had it link so that I can have out going and incoming to the message board and pop up but kinda work for in coming some of the time. . I ordered the huaiee card and stick. It is awesome and if anyone needs templates im willing to make a few for free like New years. I have the work done now working on the sms link... I need better instructions..
e

Inviato Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 11:32 pm
failure of epic levels.. I have no idea whats happening to all these text message companies. its like they have this but its not there main idea.. I had one in six messages make it through the imu to the virtual screen. Then if I flipped between the imu and virtual screen I could see the messages but they never made it into the virtual side of the program.. ok.. I spent a lot of time and money on this as I bought screens ,truss and stands and cables and hdmi cables and splitters. I want to try the next thing that actually works right. Idea is excellent programming need s work. P.s telling me that the other half of the programs is awesome and not having a video as others might steal it is a really lame excuse for not having it working or ready.. just saying..

Inviato Tue 15 Dec 15 @ 6:29 am
tycoon, there is constant discussion of text messaging on the TellyVisuals / TellyMedia Facebook group. If you don't like Facebook there is not a lot I can do about that right now. But we are trending towards smart phones as the receiver for text messages and images. Cheap Android phones are available. Mine cost 20 dollars but I need to update to Android 5 and will probably cost 60 to 80 dollars but I have not shopped around yet.

There are a couple reasons for moving toward a smart phone. An SMS modem just does SMS and MMS and you could call it a dumb device. MMS may or may not work in some software. With a smart phone, user has choice from a variety of apps to send messages including SMS. I believe in Europe SMS is being used less and less in favor of the apps like WhatsApp, Viber, LINE, Messenger etc. So far we have been depending on the Pushbullet app to handle incoming notifications. These are then routed to the internet and then TellyVisuals picks them. The thing with Pushbullet though is it is still evolving. This has caused a few pains with Android versions. Ideally we would write our own app and go direct to your computer instead of going to the internet first. I have also been experimenting with using my phone as an IP Camera for use in TellyMedia. Works pretty good.

We have a lot of work to do with it all yet but this and a lot more is being discussed daily. There are people who are more than happy to help you out at the TV / TM facebook group. Companies lost interest because of the poor revenue stream from VDJ users but I am still 100 percent into it.

Inviato Tue 15 Dec 15 @ 7:03 am
Don is spot on with his vision for text to screen. And far more than that, integrating with visuals on screen. Really creating an all-inclusive visual feed for the audience. As far as facebook, like it or not, it is used by the vast majority of audiences, at least here in New England. If you're not on it, you're not fully connected. If it's because of some privacy fear, there's a long,long,long list of options to lock it down for you. You can create a FB page for yourself, lock it all down, and just don't add any "friends". You can then "like" Don's FB page and follow us along with ideas, help, and follow Don's progress. You can check it daily, or set it up to notify your cellphone and keep up with discussions.

Inviato Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 5:11 pm
What did you kids do before Facebook??

Inviato Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 5:46 pm
95%