Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Script question; measure get_bpm_matched (or any other "get" command) value

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello!

I wanted to achive an effect simillar to Numark NS6 BPM LEDs which monnitors the movement of pitch slider and shows you when BPM of one track is matched with the other. I wanted to use the get_bpm_matched verb to achive this (returns 0.5 when bpm's are matched) but i can't find any info on how to write it VDJ Script. What i want is to check if the value of get_bpm_matched is higher or lower. I can only use a ? to check if something is true or false. what command do i use to check if something is bigger or lower?

Funny thing is when i use "get_bpm_match 0.5 ? on : off" it doesn't work even when i use SYNC, but when i use the command alone "get_bpm_matched" it light's the desired LED when BPM is lower than the other tracks.

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 10:38 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok, this is pure guessing... maybe something like this:

get_bpm_match & param_bigger 0.5 ? "thenAction1" : "elseAction2"

An interessting action that might be helpful is "param_delta"

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 10:49 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Wouldn't it be

get_bpm_match & param_equal 0.5 ? 1 : 0
That works on a custom button.

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 11:19 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Depends on what he really wants to achieve.

Your suggestion is false for both > 0.5 and < 0.5 (and only true if == 0.5)

Mine is only true if the param is > 0.5 and false for < 0.5

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 11:37 am
Thank you worked like a charm. Had no idea you can use Param this way (manual said it had to do with controller buttons, knob etc.)

Now i have two LEDs programmed like this:
LED1: get_bpm_match & param_smaller 0.51 ? on : off
LED2: get_bpm_match & param_bigger 0.49 ? on : off

When BPM is off, one them is light. When it's close enough (like 0.05+/-) they both light up.
Numark NS6 had me with this indicator i have to say. I think all of us look at the BPM counter when the time is of the essence and then such visual indicator is a blessing

Thank you once again. I wonder if it's possible to make it work with BPMs like 160 and 80, but i think i would be easier to have all 150+ songs halved.

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 11:45 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Possible sure but a completely different route, and 1/2 a few bpm is simpler,

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 12:24 pm
param_equal get_bpm_match 0.5 ? on : off

Also you can use:
param_greater get_bpm_match 0.5 ? action1 : action2
param_smaller get_bpm_match 0.5 ? action3 : action4

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 2:33 pm
I like when code looks neat :) Thx

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 4:34 pm
You could maybe also use the following to only use one LED:

LED1: get_bpm_match & param_greater 0.51 ? blink 100ms : get_bpm_match & param_smaller 0.49 ? blink 1000ms : on

I think this would blink the LED slowly if the incoming track was slower and fast if faster. The LED would stay lit if the difference was within tolerance.

Can't test it myself as I am only using v7 at the moment.

Regards,
Duggy.

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 5:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)