Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: clone deck map - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Redefine... erm your mixer puts out data to VDJ, VDJ translates that data into button names and values by using your definition file. that translation then goes to the mapper (converts values from names into script) and effects VDJ

Your definition file is wrote for channel symmetry which, means quicker mapping but not as good for custom mapping.

V tired tonight so, we'll give it a go tomorrow, Some thinking time required.

Inviato Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 10:14 pm
locodog wrote :
Redefine... erm your mixer puts out data to VDJ, VDJ translates that data into button names and values by using your definition file. that translation then goes to the mapper (converts values from names into script) and effects VDJ

Your definition file is wrote for channel symmetry which, means quicker mapping but not as good for custom mapping.

V tired tonight so, we'll give it a go tomorrow, Some thinking time required.

How is it going

Inviato Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 10:54 pm
(*edit* problem fixed)

Tricky many ideas, but not completely knowing your mixer makes it fun, this isn't 100% (WIP) it's more for you to tell me how you think it sounds, if it sounds right, then we can get it to 100%, (your definition file will need tweaking, not hard)
This is a long post because I'm trying to explain everything in digestible chunks.
The method will do stuff that will make you think I have no idea what I'm doing and what you're after, bear with me, this is just a test.
I've focused on making it a transition type effect as this is what I think you want the most.
Put this script on a left deck button

Cycle 'PFFXL' 2 & var_equal 'PFFXL' 1 ? deck left clone_deck right & deck 2 level 0% & deck 2 effect_show_gui 'echo' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'echo' 1 & deck 2 effect_slider 'echo' 1 90% & deck 2 effect_slider 'echo' 2 70% : deck 2 level 100% & deck 2 pause & deck 1 pause & deck 1 unload

Explained, (don't question 'why' here the final cut will make much more sense, trust me, this is just explaining the script so you can follow it)
First press makes the variable 'PFFXL' = 1, then it asks 'PFFXL' = 1 ? because it does (=1) it clones the left deck to the right and drops deck 2 level to 0% (so you can't hear it), it also brings up the gui (probably not needed in final draft), it also turns the echo effect on, it also sets the effect sliders. The second press makes 'PFFXL' = 0 and it asks again 'PFFXL' 1 ? because it doesn't, it unloads deck 1 (ready for you to load the next track) it also brings deck 2 level to 100% (so you can hear the track and the effect) and then it pauses deck 2 (so all you will hear is the echo effect)

Method
Turn time code input for deck 2 off,(just part of the test, don't panic the final won't need this) Play a track on deck 1, have the M70's XF in the middle(still part of the test!), have the M70's upfaders up, a couple of seconds before you want to transition press the button once, exactly when you want to transition press again (ever so slightly early (ms) for human/midi lag), That's it, (The final cut the physical action performed by you will be the same)
(The final cut will let you scratch echo out too)

Tuning
effect_slider 'echo' 1 is the echo strength (which effects the duration), change the percentage in the script to get it how you like it.
effect_slider 'echo' 2 is the length, there are 11 settings over 100%, so the first setting (1/64) equals 0% the second (1/32) equals 10% etc pick your length.

If you like this there are 2 more stages, 1 make this invisible (quick and easy) , 2 Have this working on both decks (You'll have TC working on both decks again after this)

Notes; In some ways this is better than other software transition echos, the echo effect (in all SW) auto syncs from the track that it originated to the next track loaded on the deck, so the echo can glitch out and sound bad, (I spotted this on one of the simple sample PFFX videos you posted)
I haven't included effect_slider 'echo' 3 (lowpass) or effect_slider 'echo' 4 (highpass) but they can be included

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 8:18 am
i like it but its stoping deck 2 if i have a track on it, and places the the song from track 1 or track 2, but i do like the echoes

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 9:28 am
Ok, don't worry about going on to deck 2 we won't be doing this after this part, the next stage is pretty goddamn ninja.

Add these to your Audio options (if this doesn't work, I'll need to know your Audio config {a pic or just list them})

Deck 3 Ch 1 & 2
Deck 4 Ch 3 & 4

The script has changed a little bit, instead of cloning left to right we clone 1 to 3, and on the first press deck 3 will be controlled by TC1, so you can scratch an echo out, the second press stops deck 3 being TC controlled

Cycle 'PFFXL' 2 & var_equal 'PFFXL' 1 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 level 0% & deck 3 effect_show_gui 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_active 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 1 90% & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 2 70% & deck 3 timecode_active 1 on : deck 3 level 100% & deck 3 pause & deck 1 pause & deck 1 unload & deck 3 timecode_active 1 off

Method
exactly the same as before.

Tuning
I've noticed that the echo comes in a little bit loud, you'll have to alter, 'effect_slider 'echo' 1 X%' or you could alter, 'deck 3 level 100%' to something a bit lower or with a bit of tweaking of the highpass and/or lowpass sliders, the bump might be smoothed

To help make tuning quicker use this script, it doesn't set the effect sliders so you can repeat with your own settings (just use the gui) without getting annoying.

Cycle 'PFFXL' 2 & var_equal 'PFFXL' 1 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 level 0% & deck 3 effect_show_gui 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_active 'echo' 1 & deck 3 timecode_active 1 on : deck 3 level 100% & deck 3 pause & deck 1 pause & deck 3 timecode_active 1 off.

Have a play and tell me, the effect settings you like and the deck 3 level you like.

The next stage is getting the same thing working with the right deck.

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 10:19 am
A request for those knowledgeable on controller mapping,

Triple X's mixer is symmetrical, so (lets say) button Left1 and button Right1 share a mapping, I know I can adjust his definition file so they each have a separate mapping but would rather avoid that. Could I just put
leftdeck ? in there some where so it can test if it's a left/right deck button?

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 10:34 am
Maybe you can answer this question Xrated, This is just a test.

On your play button mapping (I chose this as it's easy to change back)
Change the script to

leftdeck ? deck 1 level 0% : deck 2 level 0%
Now press the play button for the left deck (on your mixer) which level slider drops? (if it's deck 1 then we won't have to mess with your definition file Hurray!)

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 12:34 pm
i put it on right deck and right deck went down

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 1:28 pm
the effect doessnt do anything but it remove trck from deck 1

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 1:37 pm
the effect is not effecting the part i want it too, and the when i load a new track it doesnt play until i stop the turntable or do a needle drop

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 2:05 pm
locodog are you on facebook, if so im Cebo Glover on facebook, this would be faster

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 2:09 pm
Facebooked you, (you're AKA Spady?) check inbox others, this is the first time I've used FB other than dl'ing music, so I have no idea what I'm doing.

Actually I've noticed an error on my part, (why it's echoing the wrong bit)

I'm a bit cross threaded between here and FB

Cycle 'PFFXL' 2 & var_equal 'PFFXL' 1 ? deck 3 timecode_active 1 on & deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 level 0% & deck 3 effect_show_gui 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_active 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0% & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 2 70% : deck 3 level 100% & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 1 90% & deck 3 pause & deck 1 pause & deck 1 unload & deck 3 timecode_active 1 off

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 2:50 pm
Yes I'm aka spady..but I didn't see anything in my inbox

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 6:08 am
I'm useless at facebook (first time I've used it and don't really want to get sucked in) Mick McMac (I sent 3 messages, did you check inbox others?, or maybe your privacy settings don't allow msgs from randomers. And then I went out for a drink so... Friday night ... happened.
Anyway we're here now

IMPORTANT
Did you set up decks 3 & 4 in your audio config? without doing that the only thing you'd notice is deck 1 unloading.
---------------

About the next loaded track not playing without a needle drop, (I thought this was common to TC from what I've read in the TC thread, anyway) just adding

& play
to your loading script solves that problem,

I've reordered the script a bit and added a & play in there for good measure.
(I think because in the old script I cloned and then turned TC on it didn't play, this time I've turned TC on and then cloned)

Cycle 'PFFXL' 2 & var_equal 'PFFXL' 1 ? deck 3 timecode_active 1 on & deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 play & deck 3 level 0% & deck 3 effect_show_gui 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_active 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0% & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 2 70% : deck 3 level 100% & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 1 90% & deck 3 pause & deck 1 pause & deck 1 unload & deck 3 timecode_active 1 off,

Have a try of that, (you will need the audio config as mentioned before) and try it on a 4 deck skin, (this is only so you can confirm that stuff that is invisible on a 2 deck skin is actually happening, like the cloning to deck 3 and deck 3 level manipulation, )

Failing that, we can drop the Scripting Deck 3 TC on and off bit and just have that setup constantly, (I was making an educated guess with how that works),

I feel I've mumbled a bit so I'll lay it out

1 Make sure that audio config has Deck 3 (ch 1&2) and Deck 4 (ch1&2)
2 Put the altered script (this post) on your button
3 add '& play' to your loading script
4 use a 4 deck skin and test
5 Report findings

Don't lose faith we're very nearly there.

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 7:02 am
ok i have another gig tonight, so i will be trying this all tomorrow

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 4:22 pm
No problem, I'm drunk.

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 5:17 pm
deck 4 should be 3/4 ?

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 4:25 pm
Yes deck 4 should be Ch 3&4

Deck 3 should match whatever you have set up for deck 1, deck 4 should be exactly the same as deck 2,

I guessed that you're got a set up like this Deck 1 audio Ch 1 & 2, deck 2 audio Ch 3 & 4,

Deck 1 Ch 1&2
Deck 2 Ch 3&4
Deck 3 Ch 1&2
Deck 4 Ch 3&4

I'll keep an eye on this thread tonight, let's solve it

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 5:06 pm
hey im home recovered and ready to try, setting it up right now

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 6:59 pm
I don't know where we are, if you tried without the adapted audio config then you'd never hear it, it might have worked,
So for absolute clarity I'll lay it all out. Don't miss anything out!

1 Add Deck 3 & Deck 4 to your audio output config, deck 3 the same output channels as deck 1, deck 4 the same as deck 2

2 Use this script on your chosen button

Cycle 'PFFXL' 2 & var_equal 'PFFXL' 1 ? deck 3 timecode_active 1 on & deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 play & deck 3 level 0% & deck 3 effect_show_gui 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_active 'echo' 1 & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0% & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 2 70% : deck 3 level 100% & deck 3 effect_slider 'echo' 1 90% & deck 3 pause & deck 1 pause & deck 1 unload & deck 3 timecode_active 1 off

3 The needle drop problem: Whatever your load track button is add this to the end of its script. (I don't think this has been caused by the PFFX aim, but it's easy to fix)

& play

4 Using a 4 deck skin (just so you can see for testing, not needed for the final version) Play a track on deck 1, a couple of seconds before wanting to transition press the button, exactly when you want to transition press again.

Exactly what should happen, The first press should,
Clone deck 1 to deck 3 (deck 3 playing, TC controlled)
Deck 3 Level 0%
Deck 3 echo gui appears.
Echo Strength 0%

The second press should

Unload Deck 1
Pause Deck 3 (Not TC controlled any more)
Deck 3 level 100%
Echo strength 90%

You should hear the echo out of the left side of your mixer. Let me know how it goes, if it's correct then all that is needed is getting the same thing on the right deck (just a simple change of script and no farting about)

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 7:29 pm
66%