Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Integration of alternative Karaoke sibscriptions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello VDJ community...

I have a gig on tuesdays as a Karaoke host at a local bar. Last Tuesday I got hammered as content unlimited didn't have nearly the selections that people wanted. It was embarrassing as customers started bringing up there cell phones for me to connect to my set for them to sing to. I lost them when I didn't have YMCA. No one wanted to select from the books anymore they just expect you to have or download what that want to sing.

I found a alternative subscription karaoke service with <10,000 songs that I would like to use with VDJ. Is there away to integrate 3party online karaoke databases in VirtualdJ's search engine in addition to Content unlimited?

Thanks

Inviato Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 10:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There's no way to integrate an extra search provider I'm afraid.

Inviato Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 4:14 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Relying on third party input to wing it through a gig you have been paid to do is not the way to do it in my opinion, it's nights like these that will damage your reputation irreversibly that you are trying to build.

If you are giving out song books to the crowd knowing you don't have the track, but are hoping you can get hooked up to the internet to cover your ass is living on borrowed time for your shows unfortunately.

I would advise if you intend to keep with this method of running your shows you sit down at your machine and start downloading like hell and fill that library up before going anywhere near or commit to another show.

Content unlimited is there as a get out of jail card when you get stuck for a rare request, not even having YMCA in your library just shows how you are running your "business". The management as have your audience will let you know how unacceptable as already shown, their thoughts on it.

Not slagging you off, just passing on some common sense that I hope you can use.

Inviato Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 6:07 am
I accept this advice.

Keep in mind this was my first real Karaoke gig (non paid proposal) and the management wasn't mad we all new this was an experiment.

Okay with this advice in mind does anyone know where I can purchase a offline database of karaoke songs. You are correct the internet wasn't the best once everyone started login on to it.

Thanks

Inviato Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:59 am
Okay, I have invested in a karaoke book of 2100 songs @ $1499.00 (jeezzz..) I hope I can get enough work to justify this purchase.

Inviato Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 10:36 am
sorry that was 21,000 songs.

Inviato Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:31 pm
I know you think $1500.00 is a lot of money, but it is just the beginning. Do not rely on hope, to recoup your investment. Everyday I'm hustling, will work a lot better for you. You have to say to yourself, I am going down this road and I am going to make it. This will not be an easy endeavor, and you will have to practice and brush up on your people skills. Also, if it is a favorite, you will want to purchase the track. I use SelectATrack, if I can't get it on content unlimited. You can download to the folder, refresh and play in minutes if you have a good internet connection. Since the owner knows that you are just starting out, let him know you are committed, and he will see improvement every week. Glad to see you took Tayla's advice, good luck.

Inviato Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:45 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yep, it should give you a good base to build on for your Karaoke shows, just like the audio and video side of things it is a never ending investment which can bring you as well as a nice return on your initial investment a great deal of pleasure when you know you and your audience have had a great night, not to mention the anxiety that you will feel has lifted when you do your next show.

Also, make your song list reflect the songs that you actually have, nothing worse for a singer to keep asking for songs karaoke guys don't have, maybes add something to the end of list along the lines of, "we also have a subscription to a karaoke site and you will endeavour to get the track that night as soon as you can", will help that situation.

If it helps, I'd be willing to make you some visuals for your show free of charge, just let me know what you want on them.

PM me if I can help.

Inviato Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 3:52 pm
Thanks guys.

Inviato Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 10:06 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)