Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: device definitions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

nuitskePRO InfinityMember since 2014
Is it possible to change natively installed device definitions?

Greetz,

Inviato Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 11:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, you cant. Which device are you interested in, and what is the reason you wish to change the definition of the device ?

For whatever reason, you will have to write your own definition, if you wish to bypass the native one. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller_Definition.html

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 2:28 am
Hi djdad,

As i find vdj the best dj software there is, there is one option in decadance2 that i like very much. It's called "base x-fade". it changes the base_Eq while sliding the crossfader.
I tried to map vdj like this (crossfader = crossfader & param_invert & deck left eq_low & crossfader & param_invert & deck right Eq_low & crossfader )
It almost did the trick, but the base_eq is at maximum all the time. So i wanted to try and alter the device definitions so the base knobs go max to zero point.

I tried making a definition file, but vdj allways go fore native files.

I hope you understand my english as i'm not very good in expressing myself in it :)

Greetz

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 12:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What you want to accomplish is mapping related - you don't want to change the definition file for this.

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 12:43 pm
I really tried, but i can't get the bass knobs to go only from -12 to 0. it always go's from -12 to +12.

Greetings

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 1:02 pm
Try this:

param_smaller 0.5 ? deck 2 eq_low & crossfader : crossfader & deck 1 eq_low & param_invert & deck 1 eq_low

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 3:34 pm
BTW:
You can also use "crossfader & eq_crossfader_low"
It will produce the same result with previous code, but you won't see your bass knobs move on screen ;)

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 3:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As mentioned, you can assign a controller/keyboard button or even a custom button on the skin as ...
toggle '$lowxfade'
and then map your crossfader as ..
var '$lowxfade' ? crossfader & eq_crossfader_low : crossfader

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 4:28 pm
Thx all,

Almost there. :)
Now when the crossfader is in the middle both bass knobs should be at 25%. For the moment they are at 50% so the output is still double bass.
Maybe the param_multiply can be used here.

Greetings

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 11:36 am
Here some pictures of what I'm trying to do. PhantomDeejay is close with his solution.

Greetings

Inviato Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 3:00 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)