Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do I play audio not on VDJ through my cue headphones?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

TDKAYHome userMember since 2014
When I DJ once a week at this lounge, all I do is usb-connect my laptop to the Pioneer DDJ-SX. The controller acts as the mixer and connects straight to the speakers. My questions is: How do I set up my sound in a way that I can listen to YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, etc. through my cue headphones (which are connected thru the controller)? Not sure if this helps, but Spotify also has a pop-up when I do try to play something saying something about my soundcard not being configured properly (which makes sense of course).

Not sure if i'm posting in the wrong place, or if this question has been answered before, but I hope I was clear & concise. Thanks!

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 2:50 pm
Surely you're not using those sources to DJ? :-O

Anyway, if you're determined to play low quality audio to your audience then you might be able to use a "virtual audio cable" routing software util to send the audio from your web browser to a line input in VDJ.

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 2:57 pm
TDKAYHome userMember since 2014
no of course not haha like i said, I'm asking how to play it through my cue, not the speakers.
care to explain how i would set that up?

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 4:10 pm
It does what it says on the tin. :-)

You would select it as the output of your web browser, and as the line input on VDJ, and it would link one to the other.

I still don't get why you'd want to listen via the SX though, if you're not playing them. Why not just use the headphone output on your laptop?

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 4:22 pm
The simplist answer is just to get one of those mini-jack to rca phono cables like this http://www.gear4music.com/G4M/Stereo-Minijack-Phono-2x-Cable-1m/109V?origin=product-ads&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlISlBRDHpIekkMGiiskBEiQAh-0KQCivj3lm6IbaKeTAf6pPLpNba_trAgolxJJt5Nvq2GUaAlkB8P8HAQ

and plug the headphone output of your laptop into one of the spare inputs on the back of the sx.

There may be a way to route the sound from the laptop to the headphone output of the SX2 by selecting the right options in the windows audio mixer thing, but I'm afraid I don't have an SX2 so I can't say for sure.

Inviato Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 9:43 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)