Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Upgrade your controller with LCD screens - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I stated in a topic (about the Numark NS7III with three screens and Serato), that my dream controller would be the Pioneer DDJ SZ with three screens supported by VDJ.
After this I got a reply from PachN with a wonderfull solution! Because I don't want to hijack the Numark topic, I now start my own to get more info on this picture from PachN.

Original reply from PachN and reply after that:

royvanmeel wrote :
PachN wrote :
Just build your own, with a couple of extra screens and a custom skin :)

You have build my dream controller / setup ! :)

Awesome !!

EDIT: I also own the SX at this moment so I'm really curious how to manage the three screens from your notebook?

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:02 am
I use VDJ also with videos. So this is my current setup:

and if I could expand the setup with PachN solution... I'm king of the world!! lol

Wanted!:

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:27 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
To make it clear, I didn't build this unit.

I just stole the picture from jakovski's thread in the german forum.
He himself found the picture on facebook and is planning to build something like that on his own.

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:27 am
If this setup is not possible.. then I still want to have the PachN solution when I don't use my tv setup (which is more often).
I'm feeliing like a kid in a toystore again !

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:29 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
I am not sure if it possible to have a Video and an extended screen output with separate signals at the same time...

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:30 am
PachN wrote :
To make it clear, I didn't build this unit.

I just stole the picture from jakovski's thread in the german forum.
He himself found the picture on facebook and is planning to build something like that on his own.

lol, ok thanks for telling, because I almost spammed you with a lot of questions ;)

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:30 am
RobRoy wrote :
I am not sure if it possible to have a Video and an extended screen output with separate signals at the same time...

I think the resolution would be the biggest problem. The 7" screens will not have FHD resolution, so linking al these together will not work i'm afraid...
I do have VGA and HDMI output, but I don't think they can give output simultaneously...

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:33 am
EDIT

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:35 am
If you check your videocard´s setup panel ( e.g. Nvida Control Panel) you will see that you can choose the output ... but whatever is used ... HDMI and VGA usually will display the same signal.

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:50 am
That's a very cool idea!

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 9:54 am
RobRoy wrote :
If you check your videocard´s setup panel ( e.g. Nvida Control Panel) you will see that you can choose the output ... but whatever is used ... HDMI and VGA usually will display the same signal.

I know the Nvidia panel, but I will try at home what happens if i connect the vga and hdmi to a (seperate) screen. Curious if they both give output and if I can see them both in my Windows or Nvidia config panel..

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 10:15 am
give it a try ... i´m curious too :-)

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 10:29 am
Remember that with VDJ skins, you can make something custom for three screens at the exact required resolution.

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 10:32 am
I'm so excited now!
If the two laptop outputs don't work, I already have a solution that has to work. It costs a few hundred, but it will be worth the money!

But.... if I have my triple screen dream... Who can make me the skin ? hahaha lol because I certainly can't :p

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 10:55 am
It would be fairly simple to slice up your favourite skin and make three sections - deck/browser/deck.

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 10:57 am
Ive always felt Atomix should build something like this, With Vdj embedded so all we would have to do is attach a controller and play

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 12:42 pm
I like this idea too, but Atomix is basicly developing DJ Software ....

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 1:01 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Using other video cards in addition to your main card should work. USB cards for example.
The issue may be in the processing power of your PC.
If you are making an all in one unit as that apears to be, then multiple graphics cards on a PC mother board is possible.

Inviato Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 12:07 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
I will give the Lilliput UM70 a tryout ;-)

Greets, Heiko

Inviato Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 12:13 am
jakovski wrote :
I will give the Lilliput UM70 a tryout ;-)

Greets, Heiko

I ordered the krämer v-700 yesterday. exactly the same as the lilliput, but cheaper to get it at my frontdoor.

Inviato Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 12:35 am
28%