Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio mxr 14 massive problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I say massive problem, it is to me, I am usually quite good at getting this stuff to work, but this has me stumped.

The mixer does not respond to anything, upon checking device manager I have the two dreaded yellow triangles of doom next to the mixer, However I cant update drivers for some reason, and american audio website has no helpful advice.

So in short, pc and mixer are not talking. Any advice?

(windows 8 (piece of shit))

Inviato Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 3:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The (ASIO) drivers you re trying to install/update are only for Audio, and not really necessary to have.
The yellow triangle in Devices Manager means that the unit is not properly detected (as Midi/audio device), therefore the drivers installation app is not finding the unit (nor any other application , VirtualDJ etc)

Things i would try...
- different USB cables
- different USB ports
- erase the history of connected USB devices from computer .. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usboblivion-remove-usb-traces-windows
- update to Win 8.1

If that is a USB 3.0 port and all you have are such, maybe try a powered USB hub 2.0 as well.

Inviato Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 4:37 pm
I spoke to some dude at microsoft, he says I am having driver issues because of a malware issue??? I am currently going thru the steps he sent me to see if that rectifies the problem. I have already enabled third party certificate signing (also a problem apperently) and several other steps. if I find the fix I will post back here with the results.

Inviato Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 5:39 am
spoke to microsoft again, as much use as tits on a fish.

have narrowed the problem down to needing this driver: USB\VID_26DB&PID_0A0D&REV_0001&MI_03

cant find it anywhere! and AA havent responded to my emails yet.

Inviato Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 7:42 am
devdev wrote :
spoke to microsoft again, as much use as tits on a fish.

have narrowed the problem down to needing this driver: USB\VID_26DB&PID_0A0D&REV_0001&MI_03

cant find it anywhere! and AA havent responded to my emails yet.

not sure what type of driver you need but i also dj with the 14MXR and i have the asio driver saved on my pc that i downloaded from their website ?

also try clicking on (Windows Update) this will scan your pc/laptop for any missing updates & drivers (im also a pc who works on computers)

finally try this program (Slim Drivers) its an free program that will completely scan your system & find missing drivers your pc/laptop needs & its free. i install it on all my customers systems to find missing drivers = http://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers-Free/3000-18513_4-75279940.html

Inviato Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 10:40 am
Solved the problem.

Its a simple fix too, although Microsoft said they would do it for me for £96!!

essentially all you have to do is get thru the maze that is settings in windows 8.1, and enable driver signing from unknown parties. then install a generic usb audio device driver.

job done. Thanks for the replies guys.

Inviato Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 1:30 pm
hi i cant conect the mxr 14

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 18 @ 2:20 pm
james creative wrote :
cant conect

Please provide (much) more information.

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 18 @ 6:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)