Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: filter fade - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

hey guys any idea in how to map the filter fade effect from pioneer ddj sb on to another controller thanks

Inviato Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Filter fade FX? which addon is that?

Inviato Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 6:13 pm
If you look at the functions on you tube the controller has a filter fade effect when you are cross fading this can be done on dj because uses filter effect but i dont know the mapping transcript

Inviato Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:16 pm
Oh yeah I remember that, try this on the crossfader mapping

crossfader & param_bigger 50% ? deck 1 filter : param_invert & deck 2 filter

Inviato Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:54 pm
Yes that works - but I personally think it would be more effective if the filter kicked in way earlier. Maybe 10-20%?

As it is, the effect of the filter kinda gets lost under the audio from the other track coming in.

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 4:20 am
10/20% that's tricky I'll have to think about that
This one is from 0%
crossfader & param_invert & param_multiply 50% & param_invert & deck 1 filter & param_invert & param_add 50% & deck 2 filter

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 5:53 am
That one's better but it activates the filter on both sides, so the crossfade sounds really thin because there's no bass on either track.

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 6:00 am
Hmm... there is the stupidly long way - quizzing every % of the crossfader between 20% & 80%
pondering....

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 6:35 am
Don't concern yourself on my account. It's not something I'd use. If OP is happy then all is well.

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 7:13 am
You know I'm not that kind of dog :-)

There's this one that kicks in across the middle 2/4's
crossfader & param_bigger 25% ? param_smaller 75% ? param_invert & param_add -25% & param_invert & deck 1 filter & param_invert & param_add 50% & deck 2 filter : deck 2 filter 50% & deck 1 filter 100% : deck 1 filter 50% & deck 2 filter 100%

This one kicks in in the end 1/4's I think this is the most likely
crossfader & param_smaller 25% ? param_multiply 200% & deck 2 filter : param_bigger 75% ? param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & deck 1 filter : nothing

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 8:09 am
Thanks i will try it but only one more question I dont want to use this effect every time i cross fade how can i map a button to activate and deactivate this function thanks

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 9:58 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If your Controller has a Shift button, chances are good, that there is already a $shift variable.

So just test this:

$shift ? crossfader & param_smaller 25% ? param_multiply 200% & deck 2 filter : param_bigger 75% ? param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & deck 1 filter : nothing : crossfader

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 10:01 am
Ooops a small mistake on my part

var '$Shift' ? crossfader & param_smaller 25% ? param_multiply 200% & param_invert & deck 2 filter : param_bigger 75% ? param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & deck 1 filter : nothing : crossfader

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 11:42 am
Hmmm..... I think the 2/4 one is better than the 1/4 one (the filter there comes in too late).

Dunno how these would be affected by the chosen crossfader curve.

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 2:17 pm
I like the critical thinking, let's explore this idea,

The vids of the pioneer XFfilter don't show enough tbh, how about HW users throw some ideas out.

I personally feel like this Scripted FX is a 1 in 20, (in relation to how often it would be used) BUT it's still a decent idea. so what do you think it should be?

e.g.
the end 1/4's script behaves like so,

Between XF 0% to 25% deck 2 filter = 100% to 50%,
Between XF 75% to 100% = deck 1 filter = 50% to 100%

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 3:18 pm
I think part of the problem may be that as the lows are being filtered out, the filtered track gets considerable quieter - and so "loses out" to the incoming one as the crossfader moves over. The level of that outgoing track is basically being reduced twice - once by the crossfader and again by the HPF.

This is one reason why I don't like using the crossfader. You're not as in control of the levels.

If I was doing this manually on my Xone:92 I'd be using upfaders only and adjusting levels on the fly.

Inviato Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 3:26 pm
Thanks for the help guys

Inviato Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 5:45 am
Did you try it?

Inviato Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 5:53 am
groovindj wrote :
I think part of the problem may be that as the lows are being filtered out, the filtered track gets considerable quieter - and so "loses out" to the incoming one as the crossfader moves over. The level of that outgoing track is basically being reduced twice - once by the crossfader and again by the HPF.

This is one reason why I don't like using the crossfader. You're not as in control of the levels.

I'm the same, most of the time I use the gate(s), I usually have the XF on a scratch curve and use it for cutting up.

Inviato Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 6:09 am
lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anybody ever figure this out?

Inviato Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 10:09 pm
91%