Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Recording Issues with Distortion

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello, I'm kind of getting sick of trying to fix these problem and just can't catch a break! I regularly record & upload hour long mixes to my fan pages not having any sort of problem while recording it, until I got VDJ8.

In the process of recording my mixes it doesn't seem to have any problems until I finally hear the final version on iTunes and it seems to get distorted for about 10 to 15 seconds every 20 minutes of the mix.

I've tried several adjustments in performances and still any success, so if any fellow DJ can suggest me any answer I would be so grateful!

Thanks!

Btw my external controller is an American Audio VMS 4

Inviato Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How exactly do you record with the VMS4 ? Do you use a Line/Mic Input of a different sound card or the "internal" Line In of the VMS4 ?
Do you hear those distortions while recording through speakers or headphones ?
Can you do a short mix/recording and see if the distortion comes from the loading tracks process or some "extreme" gain apply ?

Inviato Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:56 pm
How exactly do you record with the VMS4 ? Do you use a Line/Mic Input of a different sound card or the "internal" Line In of the VMS4 ?
Output: External Mixer
Soundcard: American Audio VMS4
Input: Line
I use the internal Line of the VMS4

Do you hear those distortions while recording through speakers or headphones ?
I don't hear those distortions while recording it on my headphones, I can hear them until I play the recorded file on any other audio programs such as iTunes

Can you do a short mix/recording and see if the distortion comes from the loading tracks process or some "extreme" gain apply ?
I just uploaded it, hit the 6:35 mark which is still sounds fine and up to the 7:00 min mark you will hear the distortion. I don't really know if it's from loading tracks because it happens randomly, not in every track I load. I will post the link below:

https://soundcloud.com/quintadj/festival-mix-iii

Thanks!

Inviato Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 8:05 pm
I just started recording a new file and the first sound was distorted, maybe it's an extreme gain problem.

Inviato Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 8:14 pm

Inviato Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 9:01 pm
That's my config, my controller is in 8out-mode

Inviato Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 9:35 pm
If you get a distortion with the above, then you may need to try the alternative way , which means that you need to send the BOOTH output of the VMS4 to the Line In/Mic Input of your computer (using a proper cable) and then have your built -in Sound card Input in the record line instead of the VMS4.
The BOOTH Volume knob will then control the level of the Recording, which you may have to reduce.

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 5:16 pm
I'll give it a try, just one more question: what do you think of my performance settings?

Inviato Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 5:54 pm
did you manage to resolve this issue, as i seem to be having the exact same problem. many thanx

Inviato Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 6:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)