Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VDJ8 + DMX would = awesome

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

It would be really awesome if either DMX light shows could be built inside VDJ8 or VDJ could trigger scenes in 3rd party DMX software. Play the song and strobes go off during the drum solo for example. Chauvet's ShowExpress DMX software can import audio and build this type of show. I don't like ShowExpress myself, but if they can do it, certainly the all mighty VDJ team can. ;)

Inviato Tue 19 May 15 @ 9:34 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There's a plugin for VDJ to Freestyler for exactly that purpose.

Inviato Tue 19 May 15 @ 9:45 am
Oh really? I'll have to check it out. What is it called? On my way to the downloads section!

Inviato Tue 19 May 15 @ 9:46 am
OK I found it, thank you. I love manuals. Hope I find one that helps me learn how it works. :)

Inviato Tue 19 May 15 @ 9:51 am
It is a fantastic plugin.

My extra wish is that it is possible to record midi lighting cues from a controller on a song's timeline. I have virtuadj8 and freestyler, and I am using a novation zero sl mkii as a lighting controller for freestyler (alongside a Gemini desk to control virtualdj)

It would be truly amazing to be able to record cues that playback to freestyler in real time.

The alternative is to do a lot of typing of cue details into virtual dj.

For those that haven't really got into combined dmx based light shows nicely cued to key tracks, you don't know what you are missing :-) The nice thing is - once programmed you can run a great light show and be free to change song run lists and remix/loop on the fly really easily.

If only the programming was more straightforwards :-)

Inviato Thu 28 May 15 @ 10:04 pm
There is the cue macro plugin, with enough HW buttons you could have (roughly) 80 events and the beauty is you only need to do the typing once, you could set events OTF and they'll be remembered.

Inviato Thu 28 May 15 @ 10:23 pm
Thanks - can you point me to the right plugin ?

Inviato Fri 29 May 15 @ 1:25 am

Inviato Sat 30 May 15 @ 10:35 am
Awesome! Thank you!

Inviato Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 6:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)