Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: how to use external hdmi selectors?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am running virtual dj 7 and my buddy is running serato video. We spin together and both run video. I purchased a high end hdmi selector. The problem is when I switch the video from my pc to his the screen on my pc flashes and I get an error in the video card message from vdj and am forced to restart vdj. Anybody came up with a solution for this?

Inviato Sun 31 May 15 @ 12:34 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
You need a KVM switch. The difference is the monitor will not be disconnected when changing laptops on a KVM.

Imagine pulling the video connection during your set on a live laptop. That is what you do with an HDMI selector. Not good.

I will caution one thing, I was advised against doing this with laptops. Video cards can carry the spike and take out the main board. May just be my laptop design (I spoke with the manufacturer), as it is a little more performance oriented... I could probably get away with it, but I don't want to tempt fate. I do the same thing though, I have another VJ next to me for allot of shows. They are almost always my sets though so I just let it go blank for the other guy. He only takes short sections of the night.

Inviato Sun 31 May 15 @ 5:35 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)