Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: v8 Remote skins - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I am opening this thread to post a few useful tips and info about the Skin Engine of the v8 Remote application.

1. v8 Remote skins can be even loaded to the main VirtualDJ application, since they have the same structure and the same elements.
2. v7 Remote skins (with pages) will still load with Remote8 and should work 99% fine.
3. The Remote Browser can be accessed via the action="browser", so all you need is just a button in yoru skin with this action. In other words, its not hard at all now to modify your v7 Remote skins and include Browser.
4. the v8 Remote skins get resized proportionally , meaning that they will get the maximum space on your screen and black bars will be added on sides. So even an iPhone skin can be loaded to a Tablet device.
5. You can pretty much include all the skin elements of the Skin Engine of VirtualDJ. Just dont add any video preview windows ;). So you can use panels, groups, defines, draw elements in transparency etc.

Will add more on the way. Let us know of any questions.

PS. Skins for Remote 8 should be uploaded in the Addons v8 page.

Inviato Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 5:47 pm

Inviato Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 4:30 pm
Does the skin resizing add use more memory or CPU than a skin scaled for native resolution?

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 11:23 pm
I've just loaded up the default skin on my iPad, mainly just for the awesome browser. However, it doesn't seem to autorotate, and it's stuck the wrong way for me (Case has a built in stand which is only 1 way). Anyway to either get the whole remote app to rotate, or rotate the skin?

Inviato Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 9:56 am

Inviato Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 1:07 pm
I guess rotating it would actually require two "skins" (the graphics part) because it uses bitmaps.

The skin author would have to include a landscape bitmap and a portrait one, and the layout of each would have to be different due to the change in width & height between the two.

OTOH it would be easier to simply use a skin designed for portrait mode - like some of the skins designed for the earlier remote.

Inviato Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 5:38 pm
Rotating 180 degrees is possible, if graphics are upside down, but not sure about the textzones. Those can be horizontal or vertical but cant rotate to a certain amount of degrees.

Inviato Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 4:09 am
@robdquick, what features would you need/want on a portrait mode remote skin?

Maybe there's a gap in the market here that I can fill :-)

IMO the narrow width would dictate that decks be stacked rather than beside each other.

Inviato Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 10:22 am

Hello everybody
A skin would be my need virtual dj 8 remote ( android)
Let him be plain, i don't want it buttons,( big rhythm wave default ) is needed display , track is needed list. somebody else nothing.
I timecode, display is needed only 10"

Inviato Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 1:10 pm
PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hey guys, i'm an andriod user too. when can we expect release of a remote skin for Samsung tablet?

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 5:43 pm
The default ones work fine on Samsung tablets.

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 6:46 pm
I'm using the default skin however evrrytime I press the track list button, my screen turns blank and I have to press back on my tab to return on the main screen view. Thought it was only for IPAD? Thus anticipate its not ready/full support on andriod tablet yet?

All buttons works perfectly but not the track list

My device is Samsung Tab3 Lite tablet. Any suggestion on how to tweak this will be appreciated.

Gab

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 7:05 pm
It worked fine on my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 when I previously used the app.

Check you have it all set up correctly and make sure you have the latest version of the app from the Play Store. You can also try sending the default skin to the tablet again through the VDJ config in case it got incorrectly sent to the tablet in the first place.

Keith

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 7:10 pm
Thanks, Keith. Will try to reinstall the app later.

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 7:18 pm
After getting a new little 7in tab after Christmas, I finally splashed out on the remote app.
Its a great little app and once setup works great..
However (and that's why ive posted in here) there seems to be a lack of skins for the remote app. so far ive only found 2 dedicated skins though I think some main application skins would work just not the browser..?
Please could any skinners and or users of the remote app add their recommendations (it'd be much appreciated)

(or ima gonna have to make one for myself.. :( )

Inviato Mon 11 Jan 16 @ 3:51 am
The ones for the earlier version should still work (under VDJ 7 addons) but they won't have the browser code, so would need a slight mod if you wanted that.

I've often thought about making a skin based on one of the numerous iPad DJ apps but I don't use the remote enough to justify it. :-)

Inviato Wed 13 Jan 16 @ 8:43 pm
I started making a skin for my VDJ remote, and suddenly I realized that a vertical skin would be much better for my distribution of elements... How do I tell VDJ that the skin is portrait and not landscape mode? Is there a VDJScript command for that?

Inviato Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 10:27 pm
If height is bigger than width, then i guess that would tell that the skin is a portrait one.

Inviato Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 11:40 pm
:) LOL Babis! Could it be that easy? No problems with text showing wrong?

Inviato Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 9:20 am
DJDad's multitouch skin, id like to have a play with this on my tab as a remote, there is a button in the centre of the default view that toggles between browser (on the desktop version) and full decks/buttons view.

ive narrowed down this line that is the command to call the decks panel..
<button class="padmenu" action="skin_panelgroup 'views' +1">

and changing the action to "browser" and sending to remote app will activate remote browser but i still need to use the original command to get decks view..
could you remind me please how to add 2 actions here :) ??

Inviato Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 1:16 am
38%