Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: TheLightingController (inc ShowXPress, SweetLight etc) - Page: 4

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is it possible to send a button "Preset slider" or "Fade slider" value/command? (Not the master speed slider, but the options under each button) If that isn't possible, is a Master Speed slider an option?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Inviato Sun 04 Feb 18 @ 10:09 pm
When I manually start a song it cues my DMX just fine, but once the automix is started all the rest of the songs are cueing the DMX .5 seconds slow so the lighting doesn't match the song. Is there something in the setup that is causing this?

Inviato Fri 13 Apr 18 @ 10:42 pm
I had to shave some time off the front our light shows, (3 secs, because of our settings). You will have to do the same thing. It might be a good idea to make a copy of your light shows, then mess around with the copy. Use that one to be triggered by Virtual DJ, leaving your original intact.

I have noticed a delay when triggering a button. I can see the POI line cross the play point then look over at Showxpress and see it pressed. Not a big deal.

If you need to trigger multiple buttons in quickly (shortest time possible), I've noticed that CUE works much better than PRESS or RELEASE.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Inviato Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:37 pm
Guys, does anyone know what has happened to this plugin? Im trying to find it for my showxpress and it is not listed in the addons section.

Inviato Fri 18 May 18 @ 7:53 pm
Does anyone HAVE this plugin since sbdj has basically left the scene.

Inviato Mon 21 May 18 @ 4:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Sorry, I'll be getting this plugin back online soon. I wasn't around much recently as I was in a little motorcycle accident ending up with a car parked on top of me ;)

Inviato Wed 23 May 18 @ 4:02 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
@SBDJ
Wish you a GOD speedy recovery and happy you're here.

Inviato Wed 23 May 18 @ 5:53 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
SBDJ wrote :
Sorry, I'll be getting this plugin back online soon. I wasn't around much recently as I was in a little motorcycle accident ending up with a car parked on top of me ;)

A friend of mine was struck while stopped at an intersection buy a drunk driver. He was then drug under the car for 20 feet and trapped there. It took him a while, but he recovered and still rides. I hope the best for you.

Inviato Wed 23 May 18 @ 7:07 pm
Scott, I am very sorry to know you were injured. Thank you for everything you have done for us over these years.

Inviato Thu 24 May 18 @ 8:07 pm
SBDJ wrote :
PC & Mac versions now available:

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80276

This works slightly differently to the old version. The old version would continuously poll every few milliseconds to see your position in the track and the distance from every possible cue point you might have set in that track. This was quite intensive - for example:

Does this track have cue point 1?
If so, what is my distance from cue point 1?
Does this track have cue point 2?
If so, what is my distance from cue point 2?
Does this track have cue point 99?
If so, what is my distance from cue point 99?

It has to do this continuously so that it knows if the cue points change. This is obviously bad.

So now you still name your cue points as before (DMX|PRESS|MYBUTTON1 for example) but you need to make them action POI. Set the action to:

set dmx_cue 1

Where the number is the number of the cue point you are assigning to. So the above example is obviously cue point 1. This is a little more work, I know, but the upside is that this means that we don't have to poll for the position of every cue point and your distance from it.

For those having difficulty in getting this working, in ShowXpress:

* File > Preferences > Network > Ensure "External App." is Enabled. Note down port number if not the default of 7348.
* Live > Top left button > Settings > Ensure "External Control" is Enabled. Note down password if not the default of 1234.

Ensure VDJ is closed, then delete the plugin settings to reset it to default by deleting Documents\Plugins\AutoStart\TheLightingController8.ini (will be in Plugins64 on Mac).

Open VDJ, then open the plugin GUI by clicking Master section > Master Effect > AutoStart > TheLightingController8 > Cog Icon

* Ensure "Enable" is enabled (green)
* Ensure "Host" is 127.0.0.1 (unless ShowXpress is on a different computer)
* Ensure "Port" matches the above (default 7348)
* If your password is not the default (1234) then click password and set the new password

Load a song in VDJ, start it playing. Go to the ShowXpress window and notice the Auto BPM section on the right hand side will be moving in time with the beat in VDJ (and will stop moving if you stop the song in VDJ). Click the On/Off checkbox to then use this BPM in ShowXpress.

this has been removed?

Inviato Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 7:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)