Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What's with all the "mixes"?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

trevcdaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm aware of what happened with Groove Shark and how it has affected Content Unlimited. I just found out really recently and now I'm scrambling to get things in order for a series of DJ shows. But what's with all the sh**ty "mixes" that are on there now? Usually I want to play either the song the way the crowd is used to hearing it or maybe my own mix, but why would I want to play an unknown version called "DJ Window Licker's Ice Pick to the Ear" remix? When I use the service it's because I'm trying to take care of a request, not take credit for a remix. Is there anyway to weed this crap out of what shows up in a search?

Inviato Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 11:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Different dj's different needs I guess.
For me it's the opposite, often I'm looking for songs people will recognize, but a remix so that it better suits with the mood I'm trying to set

Inviato Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 12:17 pm
Bigron1, I leveled your last post because I thought it was..........a little much. If someone above me disagrees, they can release it.

Inviato Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 4:16 am
Wow. What did I miss?!! Can you email me that reply?

Yeah, I can see where having a different mix would be nice to have when I do planned set. I do a lot of on the fly work and grabbing an unknown is just too risky sometimes. Especially if I can't find again after I've decided it will work for me. Last night was a little rough with Content Unlimited (they should really change the name!) anyway with numerous "Stream Unavailable" and partial songs on the list. I'd turned away from my screen for a second and when I turned back the song was loaded and I thought "wow that loaded fast". Turned out it was only 50 seconds of the song. And for some reason, the search function decided that if it couldn't find what I was looking for in the audio section, it would look in the other sections despite the fact the my subscription doesn't include them. And although I'm bitching about it, even in its crippled form, it's still worth the cost and did find something most of the time. I hope it can get back to where it was previously though.

Inviato Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 5:13 pm
Gotta dredge this back up from the dead again. The content is building, as they said it would, and really happy about that. But if I could make a few suggestions-

1. Pertaining to the original issue in my first post; there has got to be feature enabled so that there is a way to filter results so that you can tell if it's remix or the original track. Often I'll pull up something that is labeled as "(clean) (single)" only to find that it is exactly not that and have set a loop while I try several others to get a usable track and fade it in. Frustrating. I would gladly pay additional fees to fund the creation of not only a predictable track library, but also a way to know what the other tracks are. Maybe a mouse over that tells you what the remix is. Sometimes I am looking for a VO bed or a rhythm track to play other tracks with. But mostly I just want to be able to find the flipping original artist mix when I need it!

2. This one is a tiny and probably easy to implement suggestion; when CU makes a recommendation in the browser search window at the bottom of that frame, make it clickable to initiate a search! Sometimes I look at it go, "Oh, yeah! That's a good idea!" It would be super convenient to just click on it and not risk a fat finger it. And maybe right click on it to dismiss that suggestion and generate a new one.

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 3:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)