Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some people are unbelievable! - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Worked with an excellent band at Sunday night's wedding. The band had 2 sets, one before and one after the buffet then I was to finish the night off. I had background music on during the buffet. While I was out of the room making a phone call, this cheeky arrogant guest went behind my DJ booth, messed with my DJ system loading the Top 40 playlist into the browser and Automix and even loaded a song from the Top 40 into one of the players and set it playing 'cos he didn't like the background music and wanted some Top 40 music on. In doing so, he had destroyed a playlist I was putting together of the tracks the band were doing so that I had list I could check and not play the same tunes later. This playlist wasn't saved!!!

Luckily it wasn't my computer playing the background music, it's a separate SD Card backup system. I usually turn the mixer volume down from my computer input when I have to leave the DJ booth. Thankfully this idiot hadn't figured out the mixer volumes controls. Time to put password locks on my computer software, haven't needed to in 5 years using it. Still fuming!!!

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 2:19 am
Did a wedding two weeks ago where the bride's drugged up sister decided I was ruining her night by not playing the music she wanted to hear, so she berated me for 45 minutes straight calling me every name under the sun and saying I was lazy and not qualified to be a DJ (not to mention physically assualting me). Finally I had enough and decided to let someone in the wedding party know that she needed to leave me alone or I was walking out of there. While I was away from the DJ booth she decided to try her hand at the "decks". Thankfully she had about as much sense as a fencepost and all she could manage was to twist the knobs on my Kontrol X1 that set the loop length. It was kind of hilarious actually.

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 4:04 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I think I've been lucky so far.
Not too many problems.
However the future could be more difficult, I work increasingly by myself so as to save money, and also avoid the unreliable nature of the human helper.
This means my equipment will sometimes be left unattended.
Mind you I've come back from the toilet to find my helper struggling to control a female wannabe DJ who wanted to do a bit of scratching.

Yep a password is a good plan.

My small rig consists of a mc6000, an F1 and a PV10 mixer.
There are a few buttons, and knobs.
A barmaid did inquire if I knew what they all do, I said yes, she said every one, I said yes.
This means that they often don't know what buttons to press !
That's a small blessing.

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 10:09 am
A few years ago a friend of mine, who is a tenor sax player, was gigging at a club with a band. While on their break out of the room a drunken punter went onto the stage and picked the saxophone up to 'have a go' then dropped it and damaged it to the point it was unplayable. My friend, who was retired and on a pension, was absolutely gutted because he couldn't afford to get it fixed. Also the band had some gigs lined up and he couldn't play at them. So, the rest of the band members clubbed together to pay for the repairs. It cost £300!!! The punter got away with it, just shows what damage can be done.

In my last nightclub residency I was talking to the Manager at the other end of the room when I spotted a pair of legs sticking out of my DJ Booth. I ran down to see what was going on and found a drunken girl had tried to get into my DJ Booth to change the song that was playing. But, the half height door was locked and she fell over it with legs in the air. Dragged her out and the doormen threw her out and barred her. Some people shouldn't be allowed out without supervision.

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 11:48 am
word of advice I use the trainspotting trick any time im not near the dj stuff.. it makes the decks invisible to see whats playing .. it will make it so its over there head..

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 2:34 pm
This is why I never leave my DJ kit unattended. Once the kit's set up and playing sound, I'm there. The whole night.

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 4:45 pm
I tend to always try to setup with a wall behind me so the guest don't have a 360 walk around my equipment also rope off your booth so no one can just step in it I know you could easy just take the rope down but if they see its blocked off it tells them its a restricted area and less likely to go beyond the ropes

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 6:38 pm
Win+L is your friend!!!
It takes 1 sec to lock and well... 2 secs to unlock!
Controller still functions, but it can't do much of a damage... espesially since they can't see anything on screen!
If you want to make it more cool you can even change Windows log-on screen background with an image that contains a "special" message like "Step away" or "You shall not pass!" :P

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 8:11 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
LOL
Brilliant !

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 8:13 pm
Surprise, people are scumbags. Thats what parking lots are for, they have to walk to their car eventually. Just stay out of camera frame and no witnesses.

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 11:32 pm
groovindj wrote :
This is why I never leave my DJ kit unattended. Once the kit's set up and playing sound, I'm there. The whole night.

This is how I roll also. I have had more than my share of a holes in my career, and some have been physical. Even though I am the nicest guy (as known by all on this forum), I need them to know I am not to be played with. I am not sure I could have maintained my composure, in this situation. As a professional, I probably could have kept my cool, at least until the parking lot.

Inviato Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 6:27 am
That's why I always remove the buttons from my active speakers. For them who are sitting, it's to loud, for them who are dancing it's to low, but there is always someone who wants to adapt the volume himself. Or turn the speakers the other side.

Inviato Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 6:56 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Win+L is your friend!!!
It takes 1 sec to lock and well... 2 secs to unlock!
Controller still functions, but it can't do much of a damage... espesially since they can't see anything on screen!
If you want to make it more cool you can even change Windows log-on screen background with an image that contains a "special" message like "Step away" or "You shall not pass!" :P

On a bootcamped Mac it's CMD+L
How about a message that reads something like "Do not touch, your picture will be taken automatically for security purposes!" :-)

Inviato Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 8:27 am
Lol
that remids me that DJ fails video where they show a guy dancing like a freak in front of the dj
until the amusing dancer decides to go hang on the dj set, and all the set up ends up smashing on the ground....

are there any "mobile offices" on the market ?
would be good to get rid off those sneakers...

Inviato Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 4:43 pm
Well I created a background screen in Photoshop with "*** BEWARE *** DO NOT TOUCH *** CCTV IN OPERATION ***"

During the buffet at tonights wedding I locked the screen. After around 40 minutes I put in my password to re-instate the screen and found VDJ8 had lost contact with my MC6000, booooo!!! :-( I tried to scan for it, but, VDJ8 was frozen. Ended up having to shut down VDJ8 from the taskbar and restart it which re-established my controller. This meant earlier played songs were not marked.

Maybe I should try using the Photoshop background as my desktop backdrop to fool people and just minimise the screen.

More testing needed.

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 15 @ 2:07 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 15 @ 1:10 pm
WARNING DJ ON PAROLE FOR MURDER, HAS CANCER AND NEEDS HEALTH CARE.

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 15 @ 8:15 pm
There is a lock plugin for VDJ7 but nothing for VDJ8.

As mentioned earlier in my previous post, after 40 minutes break, then putting in my password reinstating the screen only to find VDJ8 frozen.
Didn't try it tonight as it was not a wedding and a different type of night. Got another wedding tomorrow, will try again.

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 1:41 am
Just tried this again today at home. Had VDJ8 and my MC6000 connected and working as normal. Used CMD+L to lock the screen and left it for about an hour. On my return I entered my password to re-instate the screen only to find no connection between VDJ8 and the MC6000. I also found that VDJ8 was completely frozen, I couldn't operate anything onscreen with the mouse. I couldn't even shut VDJ8 down as there was no response whatsoever. The only way I could shut VDJ8 down was via the Task Manager (which reported that VDJ8 was still running).

Inviato Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 12:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Inviato Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 2:36 pm
83%