Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: crazy idea for mapping

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is it possible to make a feature in the setting that would allow me to have the ability to see names of things for mapping. example be able to mouse over something and it would show me the command name. I think that would be a cool feature. so it able to be turned on and off Imagine being able to mouse over effects and get its name as you use it and as you use it , it would tell you the command you just did.. example turn the dial on the size of the loop. or select the vst or jump forwards and so on.. I think this would open a few ideas for us learning mapping.

Inviato Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 3:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Already here (has been for years) action learn.

Inviato Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 8:30 pm
it doesnt work in vst area.. it works in the regual one only.

Inviato Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 12:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
most vsts are dial driven, a vst host should give you the dial schedule for mapping.

Inviato Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 6:45 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The mappable parts of a vst are indeed only sliders.
The first 2 can be seen on the skin, and thus can be used for learn. For the additional sliders it's only a matter of increasing the parameter number.

If you want your mapping to be specific to a specific effect, you can add the effect name (can also be the name of a VST)
effect_slider "Echo" 1
Where 1 is the parameter number.

For a VST it can be useful to find out which parameter is what by looking at the name of the slider.
A simple trick to do this in the default skin is by using a custom button, and entering
query
for the button name.
This will make the button show the value of the action, instead of a fixed label.
You can then use the action:
get_effect_slider_name "Echo" 2
to see the name of the second slider of the echo effect. Increasing the slider number allows you to find out the names of other sliders. (As VST's often offer many)

Edit: Midi Learn on a vst's custom interface is unfortunately not possible, because vdj is not aware of what is shown where. This is all controlled by the vst itself.

Inviato Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 9:08 am
wow, thats awesome. thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.. I am going to google this more and see what is possible. people with ideas make the world a better place.. You can always learn from others. Thanks again.

Inviato Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 3:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)