Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Automix Fade

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

waynophHome userMember since 2014
Please can we have this...
Is there a way to get Automix to have the current song playing fade out and the other come in at full volume? I don't want to use the cut option as it can be messy at times and I don't want songs to crossfade.
Basically I want it to have the effect of playing a song on deck 1, then on deck 2 I hit play and the song comes in at full volume, but using automix so I don't have to stand by the laptop all night.
I should explain I am not a pro dj in any way and just use this programme to play music at friends parties for free. This option would be very useful.

Inviato Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 8:42 am
Look at the Topic: Action "automix_skip" with longer or individual length. The
Automix fade issue is discussed in detail. There are many DJ's who want this feature or some
variation of it, and these queries are never resolved. Bottom line is that Atomix techs appear
to look at these threads "briefly", and sometimes even respond, but nothing ever gets done.

This autofade idea of yours is a no brainer! It should be a common working part of
any sophisticated DJ program, but Atomix appears to ignore it. The best Atomix has been
able to do, that I have seen, is to tell you to "write a script". And, even then, they don't
fully document the scripting process in such a way that it is intuitively obvious to the user.

I have written, or I should say, tried to write, a script to accomplish this fade
function, only to run into a number of roadblocks including uncovering a bug which
prevents the script from executing flawlessly. Atomix has yet to fix the bug, much less
incorporate this much wanted fading function into their program.

The scripting technique is based mostly on trial and error and only a very few of the most elite
pros on this forum are willing to spend the countless hours it takes to be able to program it
proficiently. The rest of us lowly part time DJ's are left to fumble around and ask for help ...
"usually only to be ignored!

The whole idea behind VDJ is to present a program to allow DJ's to easily manipulate their
music to their desires, not to become computer programmers!. When Atomix
ignores numerous requests to incorporate obvious enhancements into their program and
tells the user to "write a script", I don't think that is serving their customer base very well.

... If we were all programmers and had the ability to simply write scripts to do accomplish
what we want, we wouldn't need a DJ program now, would we?

Inviato Sun 27 Sep 15 @ 1:04 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm not sure about this, but if VDJ would take the crossfader curve option into account while fading in automix, you request could be solved by changing the crossfader curve.

Inviato Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 10:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you use 2-deck automix, then the crossfader curve is used.
I don't think that is sufficient though, since you need an opposite curve when fading from left to right compared to fading from right to left for this type of mix.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 9:20 am
Ah yes you are right. I somehow had in mind that the curve is somehow mirrored.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 10:01 am
I also vote for a "fade out, cut in" mode on Automix. It's a standard segue method, and should be one of the options.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 5:02 pm
I would like it so that when the playing track fades to a certain Db level, the next track comes in full.

I must have asked for this a hundred times now.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 6:24 pm
Give me a week and i will find time to make that script for you.
Promised.

vdjscript can do more than you might think.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 7:16 pm
I'm curious on how you will solve the problem to detect when the VDJ starts to mix the tracks together.
The Automix points are different for each track and I can't think of a script verb that is able to detect the AM point.
Next thing is, it would require the automix to be dualdeck.

Inviato Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 9:14 am
It's not possible by script, I have asked this question before.

Inviato Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 11:03 am
In 2-deck mode, a script could watch the crossfader and swap the crossfadercurve after each mix.
Not the nicest way to do it, but not impossible.

Inviato Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 11:13 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
+1 Automix to have the current song playing fade out and the other come in at full volume

Inviato Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 7:55 pm
PachN wrote :
I'm curious on how you will solve the problem to detect when the VDJ starts to mix the tracks together.
The Automix points are different for each track and I can't think of a script verb that is able to detect the AM point.
Next thing is, it would require the automix to be dualdeck.

I'm thinking about scripting a custom Automix that loads, plays and fades the tracks by itself using various timers and some external programming to make the actions fluent.

Inviato Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 7:44 am
+1 of below's gripe!

Dancechamp777 wrote :
Look at the Topic: Action "automix_skip" with longer or individual length. The
Automix fade issue is discussed in detail. There are many DJ's who want this feature or some
variation of it, and these queries are never resolved. Bottom line is that Atomix techs appear
to look at these threads "briefly", and sometimes even respond, but nothing ever gets done.

This autofade idea of yours is a no brainer! It should be a common working part of
any sophisticated DJ program, but Atomix appears to ignore it. The best Atomix has been
able to do, that I have seen, is to tell you to "write a script". And, even then, they don't
fully document the scripting process in such a way that it is intuitively obvious to the user.

I have written, or I should say, tried to write, a script to accomplish this fade
function, only to run into a number of roadblocks including uncovering a bug which
prevents the script from executing flawlessly. Atomix has yet to fix the bug, much less
incorporate this much wanted fading function into their program.

The scripting technique is based mostly on trial and error and only a very few of the most elite
pros on this forum are willing to spend the countless hours it takes to be able to program it
proficiently. The rest of us lowly part time DJ's are left to fumble around and ask for help ...
"usually only to be ignored!

The whole idea behind VDJ is to present a program to allow DJ's to easily manipulate their
music to their desires, not to become computer programmers!. When Atomix
ignores numerous requests to incorporate obvious enhancements into their program and
tells the user to "write a script", I don't think that is serving their customer base very well.

... If we were all programmers and had the ability to simply write scripts to do accomplish
what we want, we wouldn't need a DJ program now, would we?

Inviato Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 6:31 pm
Not sure why, because all the issues mentioned there have been resolved already a while ago.
(Addition of autoMixSkipLength option, and fix of using skip next while automix song is paused to go to next song instead of back to start)

Inviato Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 3:15 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)