Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: "cue jumper"

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

9oRUSHHome userMember since 2012
hello

i wanted to ask if it was ever considered in virtual dj software to make a »cue jumper« feature where you would have a function (hotkey) that jumps to a certain cue withouts spoiling the beat cycle. like if you push the button to jump to cue1 in the middle of the 4beat cycle ( http://snag.gy/jtPwT.jpg ) it wouldn't "jump" to the cue right away, the track would continue to play normally, but the software would kinda loop the cue in the "background" silently, automatically beatmatch the bold bars & when the track comes to the "bold bar" point, only then would it start to play from the cue1..

i dont know if you understanded my question but i guess you know the "ableton" software.. like when you play with ableton a live set or making a track with a controler (for instance with AKAI APC40), the synths, bass lines, hi hats, drums dont start to play right away when you push the button (if the setings are right), it waits till the 4 beat cycle starts at 1st beat & only then it starts to play the chosen sound, without spoiling the beat of the track.. so it would be veeery nice to have the same feature in virtual DJ, to cut a track or jump from one cue to another on one deck without spoiling the beat cycle.
i tried to make this happen in the mappings but i guess this "cue jumper" feature is a little bit to hard to solve just with writing codes that are limited in their functions.
so in anticipation of your reply i greet you from slovenia.
Nino Vaupotič

Inviato Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 2:51 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Enable smart_cue (snap in the hot cue section) and then hot cue triggers will quantize to the value of globalQuantize in settings (default 1 beat).

Inviato Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 3:02 pm
well thats one way to do it..

Inviato Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 1:46 pm
another question

can i manage a hotkey to send a selected track to playlist window?

Inviato Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 6:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
playlist_add will send the selected track(s) in the browser to the automix playlist.

Inviato Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 7:34 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)