Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Slideshow vertical photos

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

beloudPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Love the slideshow plugin but it displays vertical photos sideways. Any way to fix this, or is there another plugin I should use?

Inviato Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 1:18 pm
Just my observation about taking photos.

If the camera is tilted to take a vertical picture, the slideshow display that correctly in v8. Of course the standard horizontal shots will also be displayed correctly.

The only thing I've encountered is when I' taken a picture where I put the camera up pointing down towards an object, let say a cake, sometimes it not oriented correctly.
So if you take a look at the folder where this pictures are stored, you can see that it's not oriented correctly.
Quick fix especially for W7/W8 (have not tested W10) users, just preview it and rotate it accordingly.

Now if someone gives me pictures, I always look at the folder to make sure everything is oriented correctly.

So, I say, the slideshow is displaying everything correctly like the way it is when you look at the folder where the pictures are stored (if you see a pic upside down, slideshow will display it upside down).

Inviato Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 2:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It depends on the camera.
Some camera's rotate the image and store it that way, other camera's always store it horizontally, and add in the EXIF tag of the image which orientation was used.
In the second case the slideshow will currently display it incorrectly.

It's on the to do list to fix this.
In the meantime, you could resize and rotate the pictures after you move them from your camera using a tool such as Fast Image Resizer:
http://adionsoft.net/fastimageresize/
This can read the EXIF tag and rotate the image using that.

Inviato Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 3:17 pm
beloudPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Anyone else have some suggestions? I show photos during the event, so I can't resize, and they're from a Nikon DSLR, so they are good photos and display sideways. Worked great in VDJ7, but not 8.

Inviato Thu 31 Dec 15 @ 2:09 am

Inviato Thu 31 Dec 15 @ 4:55 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Depending on the OS, you may be able to rotate them in the file browser. I find if they are going to display at the wrong rotation, you can see it there. I use Windows 10, I right click on the file. In the pop up menu is an option to rotate the file left or right. Right after I copy the files, I visually scan the folder. I select the pictures that are rotated wrong, and rotate them all in one shot.

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 2:12 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)