Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: OPTION TO SAVE SETTINGS!!!!!!! (NEEEDED)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Just to make it short and quick a option to save what you have tweaked in your settings would be a huge bonus and i think would be loved by most virtual dj 8 users..
Sometimes i dont know if my hand mistakenly change something or what happen but a setting may gone wrong and sometime difficult to find back that problem!! what i usually do was to just restore the factory settings but then i have to set over every single thing i have set and tweaked before which is really annoying!! Sometimes i cant even get it back how it was before! lol eg. what number my touchwhell threshold was and etc!! but yea would be a lovely feature to include a option to save your settings or save a numerous of them which u can name!! (y)

Inviato Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 3:58 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just keep a copy of your settings.xml file.

Inviato Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 8:41 am
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Inviato Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 5:04 am
OK THANKS GUYS!

Inviato Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 7:37 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for the tip to save the xml file as well as the suggestion to use a plugin for the purpose. I'll def check it out.

Consider this, Lets say I'm in Options and I make specific changes to several features. Once I'm done, It would be a time saver to be able to press save after each change so that as I explore other features, I don't accidentally change a setting only to later discover the error while playing live.

For example:

My setting for <autoHeadPhones> got reset to "No" and I have no recollection of ever changing this setting. Maybe I did or maybe it got reset during and update.

If there was a "Save" option, at least I could be sure I didn't click on something I shouldn't if I hadn't specifically made changes.

Maybe the plugin for saving profile idea is the way to go but only if you can change profiles without having to close VDJ.

By the way, I continue to be impressed by you guys n gals at Atomix.

Keep up the good work. ;-)

Inviato Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 7:19 pm
Yea a way to save actually in the program will be the number one choice for sure!! But i guess we have to work those alternatives for now or maybe forever who knows! But i agree they doing a good job!

Inviato Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 10:49 pm
Here's another vote for a "You have changed settings, are you sure?" type option. Or alternatively there could be a section of settings that have been changed from default. I have this on some other electronics that I work on and it works well for trouble shooting.

Thanks for a great product.

Inviato Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 3:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)