Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Microphone effect PLEASE!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

At present there are two options when using a microphone with effects.
1. Use the master effect (bad). This is no good because it applies the effect to everything.
2. Route the microphone as a line in/deck. OK so now you can have effects on your microphone without affecting other decks (good).

Except it isn't. Why? Because if for instance you have a reverb effect active on that deck (aux) then as soon as you turn off aux the reverb gets cut off too!

What VDJ needs is a proper effects routing just for the microphone. Unless someone can tell me how to map

"down ? linein 'mic' on & deck 4 effect_active 'reverb' : linein 'mic' off"

without the reverb cutting off as soon as I release the button of course.

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 12:17 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Is deck 4 just a mic?

remove reverb from your script and leave the fx on.

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 12:53 pm
I had already tried that and it still does not work that way, because when you release the button it then becomes 'up' which means linein is off and thus is the deck and its effects. Effects do not continue to be audible for that deck once linein is in the 'off' position. I have been informed that the function I am looking for is *post fader FX* and is 'hopefully' to be included in a future build.

The only workaround I have found is to use two separate buttons. Once for linein/effects. the other for down/up volume (manual deck attenuation if you like). I toggle the linein/effects on. Press the down/up volume button when I speak and when finished and effects have faded toggle the linein/effects off.

It is a limitation of having an external linein/mic. My controller is confirmed to have only passthru mic to master out and no actual software routing for the mic (Pioneer DDJ-SB2). Therefore my mic is operating as line in only.

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 9:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)