Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Root Elements are not removed if selected

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am trying to remove Shazam and Genius DJ from the side list by removing the root elements and they are not removing.

Inviato Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 4:27 pm
they are removed.

But, VirtualDJ automatically add the folders for the new features when you upgrade from v8.0 to v8.1.
So, if you remove them in 8.1, then run 8.0 again, then later run 8.1 again, then they will be added back.

Inviato Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 4:38 pm
I had a similar issue after installing 8.1 yesterday ..... they will not remove on first try. You have to reboot the software than it works OK.

Inviato Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 4:45 pm
No, they don't remove... I am trying it 100 times.

A restart of the software is required to get them to remove.

Inviato Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 6:09 pm
That's what I said. You have to restart the software to remove them

Inviato Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 6:32 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Trouble is if you switch back to an older version, then back to version 8.1 they appear again, so you have to repeat above

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 10:33 am
Yes, have done that too. The bug is not sorted yet.

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 10:37 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
This is a known issue, however it's rather obscure. (I know since I already reported it about 3 weeks ago.) :-)

You should only have v8.1 installed on your machine. (There are ways to have 8 and 8.1 co-installed, however it's tricky and not supported.)

Can you confirm the following:
- Mac or PC
- Is there any prior version co-existence? (v7 doesn't count.)

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 2:47 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I,m running 8 and 8.1 without issue, apart from that mentioned above
Not tricky to do, just run 2 different .exe files with own shortcuts

Inviato Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 2:52 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Paul,

Yes, that is the start of it (two different .exe's), however there's more when it comes to settings. There's certain settings which are understood as one way in v8, and another in v8.1. v8.1 will change the settings to make them fit more within that version, which causes issues if you go back to v8. (The 4 beats per jog rotation setting is one of these cases.)

Inviato Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 3:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)