Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: "Exclusive Audio Access"

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Some users are stating that they are experiencing audio pops with b.2587 when "Exclusive Audio Access" is set to "Yes". Can someone explain what exactly "Exclusive Audio Access" is used for, and what difference setting it to "Yes" or "No" would make! Thank you!

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 2:15 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It Prevents other applications from making any sounds, lets VDJ take exclusive control of your sound card, i think by default it is set to NO

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 2:59 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
That's what I thought. So it probably can't cause "pops" in the output? Correct?

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 3:56 pm
Depends on what sound card or controller the person is using. Asio drivers normally cause pops if the latency is set too low.

Whether the card has exclusive access shouldn't make any difference.

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 4:39 pm
Hi Folks, thanks for the input.

Everything works great with my Denon MC4000 until I turn on Exclusive Audio Access this is when I start to get all sorts of Popping sounds.

All of my drivers and firmware are up to date and I have messed around with all sorts of different latency settings.

I have submitted a support ticket and was told that Exclusive Audio access was to improve poor sound cards and that there is no reason I would need to use that setting.

Big Picture, the setting isn't really all that important. I just don't like unanswered question marks.

Inviato Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 1:49 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using the Denon ASIO drivers in the Audio setup of VirtualDJ ? If yes, then normally the setting shouldnt have any affect.

Inviato Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 8:46 pm
Just wanted to throw my experience with this out there.

I'm using a Denon MC4000, and when I use the soundcard through the Denon and enable this setting, it affects my audio output through the controller. It's annoying as all hell, the music has little pops through the full output and through the headphones. I finally figured it out last night, I could never figure out where it came from.

I have tried updating my firmware and everythign but no luck with any other fix

Inviato Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 8:13 pm
[quote=DJ Big Deez]Hi Folks, thanks for the input.....

Change your Buffer size in Denon Asio App to 512. in VDJ turn off ultra latency.

Moderator: 6 year old thread

Inviato Sun 29 Aug 21 @ 1:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)