Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 2016 last play - SOLVED in v7.4.7 - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

it's in the account now ready to download.

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 7:57 pm
mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Got it! Thank you!

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 8:01 pm
Thank you Atomix
I think it's great that you still fix issues on the old version when something breaks down, even though it's been out of development for a long time

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 10:56 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks a lot I really appreciate the fix, it fixes the problem and corrected the database without needing to pull up a backup :)

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 4:42 pm
I know! I thought I'd have to re-edit everything after applying the fix, but they somehow put it in there.
Woot!

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 4:54 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Phew, I knew I saw there was a fix in the pipe line for you guys... lol. Glad your sorted.

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 5:47 pm
Dev staff wrote :
A patch has been made, is currently under QA testing, and should be available very soon.

(the sourcecode in question actually had a comment saying: "note: will bug in 2016", and was written around 2001, at that time VirtualDJ was still a small software and the developer didn't imagine the code would still be in use by millions of DJs 15 years later ;)

How "fixed" is this?

First though would be why would it not be able to input dares past 2015 into a XML file as surely its just a time stamp. But then if you look At the database it uses some kind of numeric code to represent dates, so I assume the issue is the formula used to convert the time stamp to the code caused the limitation.

So what my actual question is is this a permanent fix or will time run out again in the future?

Secondly is the solution actually fixing the writing of the time stamp or is it just reading a 2000 date as 2016 and 2001 as 2017 and so on? Reason I ask is it seems to have corrected last plays which were stamped as 2001 before the update to 2016?

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 11:17 pm
Stardust, it appears to be more than just a "timestamp".
You're right, it is stored as YYMMDDHHMM in the XML file, but there does appear to be some processing going on. When the bug appeared, it wouldn't allow the VDJ program to write the correct date (specifically YY) to the FirstSeen, so all of them appeared as year 2000 (even though the actual MMDD was correct). Naturally, a bug like like ruins any kind of database sort you would attempt of the XML file.
Since the patch, the program is allowing the correct date to be written, and the column is sorting like before.
I'm intrigued to notice that you cannot "hard-enter" a future date in the FirstSeen field; it reverts back to the previous value. I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to do that, though; but it does prove that there is more logic to the processing of that field than perhaps you were thinking.
Todays' work for me also proved that, like before, you are allowed to enter a date in the past (so as to "bury" a newly acquired track) - something I do all the time.
Will the bug reappear? If the developer replies stating that his/her routine has no "end" date, then I'm sure it's good. If not, only time will tell.
Cheers,
Doug
PS: I've already ordered my V8 machine so hopefully I won't care. :-) :-)

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 11:44 pm
Hi

I hope someone can help , I have updated to the new version my count on amount of plays works but my history file has disappeared I still have the original database before the update how can I make it show the history

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 9:51 pm
Tim, you should start a new thread for that one....

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 10:06 pm
Tim Lee1 wrote :
Hi

I hope someone can help , I have updated to the new version my count on amount of plays works but my history file has disappeared I still have the original database before the update how can I make it show the history

I believe that the history playlists stored as M3U files in MyDocuments/VirtualDJ/History ( or something similar to that) get put into a in folder for archive in there when new year starts. If you want them back simply drag and drop them into the playlists folder and then they are accessible as a playlist.

Inviato Fri 08 Jan 16 @ 11:39 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Tim Lee1 wrote :
Hi

If you meant updated from version 7 to version 8, then just copy all your history .m3u files from the folder "Tracklisting" into the folder "History". Both folders could be found at ../Documents/VirtualDJ

Inviato Fri 08 Jan 16 @ 11:51 am
All working now thanks everyone

Inviato Fri 08 Jan 16 @ 6:50 pm
Thanks Dev team. And it also put every timestamp to correct date in all.

Inviato Sat 09 Jan 16 @ 9:22 am
Recognized the y2016-bug on 1st of January. Waited for 7.4.7. But now I can't install the update. After starting the exe there's a message exposed that the file can't be opened. Thats why I should refer to the respective administrator. How to fix my Installation now? Need help badly. Thanx a lot for it in advance.

Inviato Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 6:58 am
Kater Kristian wrote :
Recognized the y2016-bug on 1st of January. Waited for 7.4.7. But now I can't install the update. After starting the exe there's a message exposed that the file can't be opened. Thats why I should refer to the respective administrator. How to fix my Installation now? Need help badly. Thanx a lot for it in advance.

What exe file are you talking about?

The downloaded VDJ-pro 7.4.7 file you get from your licens page is a .msi file (when running windows) which automatically starts a standard windows installation process.
And that works fine - I've just re-tested it

Inviato Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 3:36 pm
You're right, it's the MSI-file, I'm talking about.

Inviato Tue 26 Jan 16 @ 6:16 am
OK, I retried today again after so many attempts that had failed before.
But now it worked ..... I will look for the changes now that occurred.
Thanks for your advice!

Inviato Tue 26 Jan 16 @ 6:34 am
Thanks for still supporting 7.4!!

Its bullet proof and I do not plan on upgrading anytime soon.

Inviato Mon 09 May 16 @ 4:07 pm
For what it's worth Beach....
This bug, which appeared after new years, is what got me looking at Version 8 closer. After some quick testing, I upgraded. There are a few things that are different, but I am so glad I upgraded. For how I spin, it's been rock solid, never crashed once, and has so many cool new features that I would never go back.
Browsing is way superior to Version 7, and every "workaround" I had to use to get around a bug in Version 7 ... is no longer necessary.
Oh, and it takes up less CPU than version 7. :-)
Cheers!

Inviato Mon 09 May 16 @ 4:44 pm
95%