Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Mapping specific effect button

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

itekdjPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi guys, just installed the VDJ 8.1 with my Pioneer DDJ-SX, and it works like a charm!

I want my "Play/Pause" button to have a "Break" effect, Which means, when a song is playing and i'm pressing the Play/Pause button the song will break and stop slowly.

There is an effect called BreakStart that does that, so I tryied map the Play/Pause button with that code: [effect_activate "BreakStart"], But when I press the Play/Pause button only the current effect in slot 1 turns on.

For some reason I can't get the BreakStart effect to work if other effect is loaded into effect slot 1.

Any ideas?

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 4:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just go into the options (check the "show advanced options" checkbox) and search for "ramp".
Adjust the "rampStopTime" to your needs.

No extra effect is needed to do what you want.

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 5:19 pm
itekdjPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Awesome! Thanks.

But for any case.. if I want to map a button to active specific effect, how can I do that?

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 7:37 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
effect 'BreakStart' active

should work, but couldn't test myself atm.

Inviato Fri 08 Jan 16 @ 11:35 am
Actually you don't need to mess with options.

If you want your play/pause button to brake down you can use this action:
brakespeed
It takes values from 0 to 1 so try out which value fits your needs best.
In order to "enable/disable" the braking effect use this code on a button (custom button, controller button, keyboard shortcut, e.t.c.)

brakespeed 0 ? brakespeed 0.25 : brakespeed 0

The part in bold is the one you need to adjust to get the responce you want
If it's a controller button you assign this script then use the following script for the led:

brakespeed 0 ? off : on

If you want play to have a startup effect then you can use the following action:
startupspeed

It follows exactly the same rules as brakespeed.
You can assign it on a second button if you want to control individually or you can combine both commands on a single button.
Second button:
startupspeed 0 ? startupspeed 0.1 : startupspeed 0
LED:
startupspeed 0 ? off : on

One single button to enable/disbale both:
brakespeed 0 ? brakespeed 0.25 & startupspeed 0.1 : brakespeed 0 & startupspeed 0

The led should could remain the same as with single command (brakespeed 0 ? off : on) or better yet it could be:

brakespeed 0 ? startupspeed 0 ? off : blink 500ms : startupspeed 0 ? blink : on

It will blink fast if only startupspeed is set, it will blink slow if only brakespeed is set, it will be on if both brakespeed and startupspeed are set and it will stay off if both brakespeed and startupspeed are canceled.

PS: As you can see on the examples you can define different speeds for brakedown and speedup. :)

Inviato Fri 08 Jan 16 @ 12:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)