Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VMS5

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

American DJ has a new controller that comes with VDJ8 LE
http://www.adj.com/vms5

looks nice but don't think i want one

Inviato Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 7:26 pm
 Best Answer when you turn the knob on the vms5 the controls move on vdj but does nothing no eq or gain on the output

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:37 pm[ selected best answer by djdad on Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 1:11 am ]
Looks pretty horrible actually ......

Inviato Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 7:33 pm
Haha, same ole garbage...... Just a new set of jogs from the looks of it.

Inviato Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 8:46 pm
Does anyone have the vms5? Is it any good? And what about the Denon mc6000mk2? I would appreciate any feedback.

Inviato Sun 17 Apr 16 @ 11:08 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Even with beginners... No PADS - No GO!

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 6:05 am
I have the VMS5. I've been a DJ for 17 years, but this is my first controller and first time using Virtual DJ so I can't really compare it to other controllers. Since I don't scratch, I would've preferred smaller jog wheels and larger buttons. Since I'm no controller expert, I'm not the best person to review it. However, here are some initial impressions after my first few gigs.

Pros:
- Heavy duty metal housing, seems well built
- The illuminated knobs are a nice
- 4 inputs which can be switched between USB or RCA analog audio input
- 2 mic inputs with XLR / 1/4" combo jacks
- Each side of the controller can each run 2 decks in VDJ with the simple push of a button to switch between them

Cons:
- No stereo/mono switch like my prior mixers had
- It's 19" but there is no rack mount option
- When one button is illuminated the light bleeds over into the next button over making it harder to tell whether a button is activated or if it's just the lit button next to it that you are seeing
- The left side of the controller is labeled to control decks A & B while the right size says C &D. In VDJ 4-deck mode, decks A&C are on the left and B&D are on the right. Hopefully someone will create a skin to match this in VDJ, but it was a big oversight in the controller button labeling.

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 4:01 pm
Sadly, this is simply a VMS 2 with larger jog wheels...

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 5:56 pm
Hello, i have buy a vms5 controler and i.m happy
It work correctly the sound is very good ans Also for the 2 micros input.
Very good for wedding animation (2 micros) or other private event.
Nice for his low price.
Regards

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 7:28 pm
just got one to replace an older vms4.1
having some trouble getting it to work on VDJ 7

other than that it seems like the same ole reliable working man's mixer. but with huge jogs! and they are metal, picture looked plastic.

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 12:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
VDJ 7 does not support the VMS 5.

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 9:34 am
Hi any one got any idea why gain and eq buttons dont work on vms5.0 and vdj they are mapped but dont do anything when turned

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 8:40 pm

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:26 pm
when you turn the knob on the vms5 the controls move on vdj but does nothing no eq or gain on the output

Selected as best answer Inviato Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:37 pm
tjhodkin wrote :
on the output

Which output? The master output of the VMS5?

You didn't answer my question. Have you set everything up according to the manual?

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:40 pm
Hello. I had the same problem but got it fixed the following way.
1 turn off the controller.
2 hold "cue 4" down and turn on again.
3 wait for the computer to reinstall the device.

Inviato Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 9:51 pm
TELBOTPRO InfinityMember since 2017
To get the EQ to work turn it on while hold down the PFL headphone channel 4 down for 5 sec. it’s sending the eq to the headphones at the moment.

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 10:23 am
A look at the manual helps....

I think all AA VMS devices come with two modes. The Pre-EQ mode and the Post-EQ mode.

Difference between these two modes ist: In one mode the controller works as a hardware mixer. Mixing the sound inside the controller. Therefore VDJ has had to implement the "fake" actions otherwise you would've gotten a doubling in EQ sound, which would be very bad.

In the other mode the controller works as a pure midi device letting the software mix the sound. But in that case it creates a problem, because VDJ is still using the "fake" actions and that results in moving slider and knobs on the skin, but no changes in sound. So if you want to use the controller in this mode, you'll have to remap the controller first.

Inviato Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 9:47 am
Not a fan of Virtual DJ 8 but I have used Virtual DJ 7 4 the past 6 years now. I have the American Audio VMS 5 controller and cannot get it to work with Virtual DJ 7. Does anyone out there have the correct mapping or know how to get it to work with virtual 7 without me having to download and use Virtual DJ 8 again. Thank you.

Inviato Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 1:04 pm
I think VDJ 7 does not support the VMS because the VMS 5 came out after v8 was released. Meaning development of v7 stoppt prior to the VMS release.

Inviato Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 1:44 pm
Is anyone able to tell me why my vdj 8 pro is not saving settings for my VMS 5
After resetting again for the 3rd time last week
Switched laptop on last night everything was fine set out my play list and folders
I gone to set up for a gig today and VDJ pro was just the free addition lost everything
Had to reset skin and mappings again before I could even get my VMS 5 to work Correctly
paying £20 a month for the pro version but spending so much time re mapping my settings ??
As I say this is now the 4th time I have had to do this in the past 5 month's??

Inviato Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 1:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)