Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Unstable

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

dbrosPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Having a hell of a time getting this version to run smooth. Went through the posts to tweak Windows 10 with no luck. When it runs it seems like a great program, however, with Random crashes, how can we possibly use this on a gig? I'm sure there are just some more settings that have to be tweaked. Seems as though when I go into an effect like "Text", there will be a crash. I let virtual install the drivers for my denon 6000mk2
I am running a Sony Vaio with Wondows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU @2.20 GHz
16 GB RAM
64 bit OS
Video cards are
AMD Raedon HD 7600M
Intel HD Graphics 4000

Any help would be appreciated

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 1:26 pm
Does your PC crash or Virtual DJ? I am using the same pc with windows 7 and nvidia card with 8gbram with no issues here

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 3:09 pm
Sometimes the whole PJ will shut down and other times virtual will freeze, say it is collecting information then shut down

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 5:49 pm

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 7:06 pm
They were actually the tweaks that I did (I used your link). I didn't do the wireless priority yet because I run it in airplane mode, so figured that wouldn't matter. I did go through the other tweaks.

Inviato Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 12:56 am
2 things to try:
Rename the xml settings file that is located: My documents/Virtual Dj and then open virtual dj and try using it and make it crash again.
If it doesnt crash it means that the problem is a setting you havr done incorrect.
2nd thing to try is to download an earlier version and see if you still have issues.
Now if you still have issues after trying those 2 than its something totally different and not the software.

Inviato Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 1:05 am
Thanks for the ideas. You hit something when you asked if the older version runs without issues. I can run 7 with no issues. Which made me realize it must be something simple. So, I checked the performance level of the video card (right clicked on the desktop and chose configure swappable graphics) for virtual 7 and it was "high performance" but 8 was not set. I changed it to "high performance" and it seems a lot better. I've been playing with it for about an hour with no crash. Thanks for your help. One other off subject question. What happened to the clip bank. I am able to put video clips in the sampler and use that like a clip bank but I did notice random clip bank on the drop down but can't figure out where the clips are set (like they were in the old clip bank)

Inviato Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 12:43 am
I never used the clio bank and there has been some thing new about it. If you are new to virtual dj 8 i strongly suggest 2 things.
2) Locate the PDF manual inside/my documents/Virtual Dj and read it and slowly, slowly customize the settings you want.
2) watch a lot of youtube tutorials from Virtual Dj tips and Echo Papa

Inviato Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 12:54 am
Skipped through the manual. Will check out YouTube. It's not that big of a deal. I just used it as a go to for inappropriate videos. I will figure it out. Thanks again for your help

Inviato Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 12:22 pm
Still crashes. Thought I had it. Went to loop and same crash occurred. Just switched properties to run compatibility settings for Windows 7. So far so good.

Inviato Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 10:53 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In your audio config in VDJ do you have line inputs configured?

Inviato Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 11:11 pm
When I first installed the program it configured it, so I left it alone. They line input is highlighted.
Speaker + Headphone for output
Card has nothing selected but I can see the denon db-MC6000 Mk2
Input has line input selected

Below it reads:
Master - denon asio - mc6000mk2 out 1&2
Headphones- denon asio -mc6000mk2 out 3&4
Line in 1 - denon asio - mc60000mk2 in 1&2
Line in 2 denon asio- mc6000mk2 in 3&4

I try to select the denon card but it won't highlight

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:08 am
Your settings should be like this:

Master: DENON DJ ASIO for DJ Controller (Asio) Chan1&2
headphones: >>>>>>the same as above>>>>> Chan 3&4

Also: Have you updated latest FIRMWARE? And what about the driver? Did you install from cd or internet? There is a lot of info you can give use here to help you easier.
I have the same controller on 2 laptops with different OS with no issues and I've helped 2 more people that have had issues and they don't have anymore.
More info like: What Os??? Computer specs? Drivers from internet? Is this pc used for other stuff as well? Has it been optimised for DJIng?

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:22 am
Sorry. I thought I posted specs. I have a Sony vaio with Windows 10 Pro
Processor Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU @2.20GHZ
16 GB RAM
64 bit OS
Video cards are
Amd Raedon HD7600M
Intel HD Graphics 4000

I did install latest firmware from Internet and asio from Internet

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:30 am
I, also, did the Windows 10 tweaks. Don't use it for anything except DJing

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:32 am
Sorry i just saw that you did indeed post the specs.... Try the audio settings i recommended. Something is not right with your PC and not virtual dj. Also don't make anything run as windows 7. Drivers and vdj will work with windows 10 just fine.

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:53 am
I would like to agree that something could be wrong with the PC but it runs virtual 7 flawlessly and has been for some time

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:57 am
I will eliminate the line ins and uncheck the Windows 7 compatibility

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:58 am
Yes try that.

Inviato Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 1:06 am
eriedjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I had static and BSOD's with the MC6000mk2 until George also recommended getting rid of the line ins. Since then, NO issues, no static, no crashes.

Obviously, it's a Denon issue.

Inviato Sat 20 Feb 16 @ 6:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)