Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Inconsistent and Frustrating Behaviour

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I'm using VirtualDJ 8.1 mac build 2857.1116 with 2 x Pioneer CDJ400's and Pioneer DJM-700 mixer on Mac OSX El Capitan v10.11.3.

Recently, I have found myself using VirtualDJ more frequently after years of using Serato setups on other people's systems.

This has reminded me how inconsistent and frustrating VirtualDJ is to setup with a standard configuration. Every time I plug my decks into my laptop and startup VirtualDJ, I have to spend a minimum of half an hour trying to get it to work.

Every time I face any combination of the following issues:

1. The decks are randomly swapped left or right, and the only way to resolve this is to manually change the mapping in the options.
  2. 2 soundcards are detected, but only 1 controller. There is no way to re-scan for controllers from within VirtualDJ that I can see, so it requires multiple restarts and plugging/unplugging before they are both detected.
  3. 2 controllers are detected, but only 1 soundarcd. If I use Pioneer's CDJ/XDJ Aggregator, this detects 2 soundcards. But only 1 of those soundcards will work from within VirtualDJ. Which soundcard chooses to work is inconsistent, and require multiple restarts plugging/unplugging before they are both properly detected.

I'm seriously not kidding when I say I face this frustration every time I use VirtualDJ. And it wouldn't be so bad, except it's the same equipment plugged in the same way every time.

Am I doing something wrong here? Surely if the same devices are plugged into the same ports every time, VirtualDJ will recognise the configuration from the last time I used it?

Is this a problem with Mac OSX or Virtual DJ?

If another DJ plugs in a USB stick, or chooses to use them as CDJ's for short period, then I'd be totally screwed because there's absolutely no way I could get them running again in time for a performance.

Please help - I'm at my wits end.

Inviato Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 12:15 am
Another thing - if anyone unplugs a USB device on the laptop (whether it's the controller or not), then at least one controller will freeze up and can only be restored by turning off and on again.

Which controller freezes is random.

Inviato Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 12:26 am
A quick suggestion:
Have you tried getting all your audio settings correct and then saving the configuration in the bottom right corner of Audio Settings?

Inviato Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 2:31 pm
toots151 wrote :
A quick suggestion:
Have you tried getting all your audio settings correct and then saving the configuration in the bottom right corner of Audio Settings?

Hi.

Yes - I've tried that. Unfortunately, reusing the saved settings doesn't work because if either Mac OSX or VirtualDJ hasn't re-detected the soundcards from the last time, then the saved configuration can't be applied.

Inviato Sun 13 Mar 16 @ 1:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)