Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

A little help please..
I have looked on forums, you tube, manual, asked friends, raised ticket and still cannot fix my vdj problems. If anyone would kindly help if they know how to fix this would be wonderful & greatly appreciated.
Back Story:
I have been a DJ for over 12years and been using Vdj for the last 3 smoothly with no hiccups. These last few months have proved difficult to say the least and I am hitting every road block there is.
Details:
I have 2 Mac Book Pro's I will refer to one as 'old' and the other as 'new' but both the same spec and year, the 'new' one is just new to my set up.
I was using vdj pro 7 on my old Mac before it crashed and could not hold the amount of songs on its internal hard drive. I then purchased an external hard drive and continued to run vdj 7 on my mountain lion (as back then the El Capitan proved to have capability issues with vdj, so stayed well away from it. There were a few teething issues using it like this but managed to work around and solve the issues in the end.
I then purchased a my new Mac which already had El Capitan loaded. This was my perfect opportunity to see if all can work and would then update my old Mac as soon as I knew all is well. I purchased a second external hard drive and duplicated it all on the 2nd external hard drive. I downloaded the vdj onto my new laptop and hit a road block.

Problem no1. (With old Mac)
I can no longer gain access to iTunes at all as it says I need a new version. Clicked on search for updates but I am all updated.
My vdj 7 still runs and no issues with that, only that I cannot purchase new songs to play.
I believe the problem is that it is linked somehow to the new Mac and El Capitan hence the newer iTunes (fair enough) so... Let's get El Capitan and vdj working on my new Mac and update my old Mac in a bit...

PROBLEM 2 (with new Mac)
When I open vdj 7 on my new Mac running El Capitan it shows the iTunes folder and playlist but all the songs say error when loaded onto a deck.. Unless I type search and select then I works. I have checked path etc as I had this problem with my other Mac but can not figure it out. I have check clean fix etc.

Problem 3 (on new Mac)
I have tried using v8- which I never gave up until this point but a friend suggested it so I did.
I opened v8 I can see iTunes but no playlists underneath.. Can't seem to find it anywhere... Went onto iTunes and shows path in advance settings.. But still does not show. I know in v7 you can right click and set alternative base folder but don't have that option in v8.

Concision:
I'm pretty well done for... 2 macs and nothing working right. Please help.

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 11:20 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Please do not double post, it confuses the hell out of me...

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 4:00 pm
@DJSweetness09, what (exactly) do you mean by "gain access to iTunes"? Do you mean the actual iTunes s/w doesn't run (in which case it's not a VDJ problem) or that you can't see the iTunes folder structure in the VDJ browser?

You say you can't purchase new songs, but other places exist which sell music downloads.

Errors when trying to load songs usually means the song is no longer in the location that the database has on record. It's either been moved, renamed, or the database simply has the wrong info. If it's been copied from the other computer, then are you SURE the paths are identical?

The fact it works when you search for it (using the VDJ browser database?) indicates that it's the iTunes database that's confused. If you really must use the iTunes one when VDJ has its own perfectly good database and browser, then I'd suggest deleting it and letting iTunes scan your drive(s) again.

IMO you should keep iTunes and VDJ separate. There's no need to use the iTunes database in VDJ as it has its own. IMO you're just making more work for yourself and (clearly from what you've posted) creating issues which wouldn't be there if you just used VDJ to scan your music.

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 4:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In version 8...
There is a setting named iTunesDatabaseFile. Apparently your iTunes xml file (library) is not in the default path,so you ll have to set the path in that field (Settings-->OPTIONS tab->Search for the name above)

Right-click on the iTunes folder and choose Reload

If iTunes folder shows the playlists (once you have done the above), and still tracks provide error on loading, right-click on one of the files from the iTunes Playlist and choose Tag Editor (or File Info for ver 7). See at the bottom of the Tag Editor window the path of the file. Does it match with the actual one ?

Inviato Fri 22 Apr 16 @ 12:45 am
Try checking the share iTunes XML with other applications box in the iTunes preferences.

Open iTunes then goto Edit in top left corner, scroll down to Preferences and click, in a new window there will be the advanced settings at the top right of the box, open them and look down to see the box share iTunes XML with other applications. Tick this, then apply and close down iTunes completely.

Check VDJ for missing playlists, if not there sorry. It worked for me after the latest iTunes update and my playlist were missing.

Inviato Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 7:23 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)