Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: auto-enter in loop at end of song - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

OK I stand corrected, as a marker only on my PC it seems to work.

Im gonna unpack my MacBook and try on that because it loops out after 1 on that.

Hes not lying..........

Inviato Sat 20 Aug 16 @ 11:52 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I wouldn't lie, I want to help.
I can however be mistaken.
On this occasion I have made repeated checks and on that basis I should be correct.

Inviato Sat 20 Aug 16 @ 11:55 am
Hmm, weird things happen on the Mac side. Sometimes it works and stays looping, other times it loops once and then exits the loop.

Gonna mess around more and see if I can figure out whats going on here..........

Inviato Sat 20 Aug 16 @ 1:23 pm
Guys... Please...

An action POI executes an action once the playing needle hits the POI. In theory, loop 4 as an action poi should enter an auto loop of 4 beats and repeat forever. However when the needle returns to the loop in point the action POI will get executed again and therefore it will cancel the loop.

SOLUTION:
loop ? nothing : loop 4

With this action POI the loop that's created on the first execution of the action POI won't be canceled on the second execution of the POI (when the track loops back on the loop-in/action POI)
Also you can use your normal loop / loop out button(s) to cancel the loop at any time.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 3:55 pm
Phantom why did 40 loops outs work fine for me on Saturday night?

I'll try them all again to see what happens.

I follow your argument Phantom..but they still looped until I pressed the loop out button on my controller.

This is very easy for everyone to test.

This is strange.

I've just booted my laptop, and started my first song with a loop, about 3 minutes to the loop. I'm not interfering with the playing track as this might confuse the issue.

I'm now in a repeating loop !

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:01 pm
I can't sit here watching it loop forever.
Comments.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:20 pm
I like your script Phantom, your logic is clear..but I'm watching "loop 16" working fine?

I'm using VDJ8.2 pc build 3343.1200

This is your ball park Phantom, you're one of the best.

It seems to me your using a cue point to return to the start of the loop.
This is unnecessary as a loop is a loop..full stop.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:22 pm
It's not strange and I was sure somebody would ask...
In theory the loop in point equals the action POI.
However depending on various factors the action may get executed a few μs (micro seconds = 1/100 milliseconds) later than the action POI.
In that case loop-in point is different than the action POI. More specifically it's loop in = action POI + a few μs
Therefore when the loop repeats (playing position returns back to loop-in point) it does not meet the action POI and therefore it does not repeat the script / cancel the loop.

Keep in mind that positioning on VirtualDj is sample accurate (in other words all positions are converted to samples from the start of the song)
When you set an autoloop, it's length is also calculated with sample accuracy. However rounding may occur depending on the BPM and the length of the loop.
For instance a 4 beat loop on a 128 BPM track played at 44100 samples is 82687.5 samples long. VirtualDj would round this value to 82688 samples.
These roundings could also affect the final position of the loop in / out points and that's why you may get different results for different sample rates (a 4 beat loop on a 128 BPM track played at 48000 samples is 90000 samples long and no rounding occurs)

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:32 pm
I'm now watching my 2nd song looping continuously.
No problems.
Onto the 3rd.

My 3rd loop is fine.
Is that enough?

The logic of a loop point is that once set it loops continuously. This is whats happening on my laptop.

Point info:

Name loop out
Type Action Macro action loop 4
Cue Marker only

Try it for yourselves!

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:39 pm
Did you even read my answer ? :P

I didn't said that an action POI "loop 4" (or loop 8 or loop 16 or whatever) is not going to work. I said that such an action working "properly" is a hit and miss.
If the action delays "enough" to be executed (so that the software separates the loop-in and the action poi) then it will work. If it doesn't delay enough (or if you have quantize_loop and quantize_set_cue enabled for example) then it will not work (you will only get one repeat)

Therefore in order to be sure that it will always work as intended you need to use the syntax I gave above:

loop ? nothing : loop X

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:50 pm
Thanks Phantom.
I didn't realize you were saying it might work but it could be a little buggy.
I'll try your script.
The simple loop script has been fine for me, but it might not be for all users.

I did say it was your ball park LOL.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:58 pm
Your script works fine, thank you once more.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 5:03 pm
And that explains why I dont use even though it works some of the time.......

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 5:08 pm
I think I'll keep using the simple loop script until I encounter my first problem as described in this thread.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 5:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Bad idea Ron you're making work, one day this will be fixed or your machine will be having a good day and it'll catch the poi every time.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 6:18 pm
You are free to use whatever you want. However if later down the road you decide you need the other script it will be a "double" work to re-edit all POI's to "fix" the script...

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 6:28 pm
That's what I call collective wisdom.

I'll take your advise.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 6:52 pm
@Phantom
I didn't read your post properly. LOL

For instance a 4 beat loop on a 128 BPM track played at 44100 samples is 82687.5 samples long. VirtualDj would round this value to 82688 samples.

It's almost like being back at school.

Thanks.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 11:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Perhaps also related to loop forward or loop back setting?

Inviato Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 7:03 am
I enabled loop back mode resulting in my not being able to exit a loop because the poi of interest was hit at the end. Loop direction is critical, and I believe it must be forward for loop out to work properly.
There is another setting for loopbackmode which is smart. That could cause some confusion!

An end poi with a loop attached makes mixing very easy and is to be recommended for those with little time.

I'll repeat the Phantom's script since I believe it's important:

Therefore in order to be sure that it will always work as intended you need to use the syntax I gave above:

loop ? nothing : loop X

...and also be sure that loopbackmode in the options is "no".

Inviato Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 10:16 am
87%