Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Purchasing VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ThelemaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello, friends.

I've been seriously considering purchasing VDJ (infinity version), but the price with VAT reaches a staggering 330+€. My question is: when compared with other DJ software, is the price gap worth it? How does it fare in terms of reliability (crashes, glitches, etc)? Any input is appreciated, as it's the only DJ software I've used and it's the one I'd like to keep using.

Inviato Mon 30 May 16 @ 7:46 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
the taste is in the pudding. Its better than the rest

Inviato Mon 30 May 16 @ 7:54 pm
It's 99.9% crash free. I can only state that for the Windows version but in reading the forums it seems the Mac version still has issues. Nothing can ever be 100% but given the amount of different hardware and computers VDJ supports but it is as good as it gets.

My only recent concern is that there has been quite a gap between releases and some bugs are outstanding, but there's obviously a reason for that. Also note that there are issues with mapping some recent controllers as the manufacturers are "locking" them to specific software and it's taking the team a long time to support them if at all. This could become more of an issue going forward as VDJ has historically supported most controllers in a decent timescale.

It is far more expensive than other software, but apart from the VDJ remote app and Content Unlimited all plugins and features that others charge for are included. You also get updates free for the lifetime of the product (whatever that is) but again others may charge for major program upgrades.

If you are a working DJ it's a no brainer really.

Inviato Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:05 pm

it s best DJ Software ever. Karaoke.Video.Music.Samples.Record.
no extra fees

GK

Inviato Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:27 pm
Initially, it may seem more expensive, but as stated everything is included, and all updates have been free. You can't say this about other software. I don't bash other software, they are great at what they do. I just believe that I got way more for my money. I have never paid another dime since I purchased Virtual DJ. I can tell you that Serato, charges for their video plugin, (it's actually on sale today). Most of the guys I know did not like it and had to spend more money on another video plug in called Mix Emergency. They have other effects plugins, that all cost Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money.

As For the stability, I have not had a day off since the 21st, (actually 2 of those days were photo booth only), and will be working tonight. I have not had any reliability problems, and I only do video gigs. I say the same thing over and over again. Try all the software's, and pick what works better for you.

Inviato Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:36 pm
ThelemaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Alright, so I got VDJ!

Right now I'm going through the settings, and the licenses folder is telling me I must be connected to the internet when I try to enter my license code. What's going on? Also, the licenses page on my account only gives me a license for VDJ 7, instead of 8. Is this normal?

edit: ran the host addon and it's working now.

Inviato Tue 31 May 16 @ 11:45 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Cool, remember the forums are here to help if you need any, except if your wanting money, then see AMAHM... he's loaded!

Inviato Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 2:16 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Congratulations! A good choice.

And welcome to the "Pros" :)

Inviato Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 8:01 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)