Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Database Issue

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

NrgPlyrPRO InfinityMember since 2004
New issue - was reanalyzing my whole drive at home and the clock ran out because I needed to get to a gig, so I hit the X to close the program and it closed fine. Now to get to my gig, and open vdj and it says the Database is corrupted, do I want to fix... i hit yes and it sits there n i start getting those warnings about vdj is taking long to open etc. So i close and open again and when I get in, ALL my data is gone. It says every song was basically just added. Im assuming it didnt even read the batabase. How do I fix?!? I have no time for songs, play count, or the accurate date added or cue points... this blows! HELP!

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 1:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Before fixing, a backup copy is made to the VirtualDJ\Backup drive, which you can put back. (Either in Documents\VirtualDJ for the root drive, or in the root of any other drive for other drives)

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 5:34 am
Adion wrote :
Before fixing, a backup copy is made to the VirtualDJ\Backup drive, which you can put back. (Either in Documents\VirtualDJ for the root drive, or in the root of any other drive for other drives)

Hi - Which is it? Database.XML or Virtual DJ Database v6 . XML ?

I'm seeing both on both regular C: drive and the music Drive E: . Which am I swapping? Do I just rename the one that says "backup" as one of the two above?

Thanks!

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 6:23 am
Yes, database.xml is the one for v8, so you can rename the latest one in backup to database.xml

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 8:00 am
Adion wrote :
Yes, database.xml is the one for v8, so you can rename the latest one in backup to database.xml

Hi - Unfortunately all the ones in the backup folder say "broken database". I can't seem to get it to work so I may be stuck starting from scratch. This only happened because I closed VDJ while it was analyzing songs. I never had this issue in previous versions, especially 7. By clicking exit properly, I would assume the program would stop analyzing appropriately so the database is good and then close. It seems it doesn't do that and now I'm out YEARS of cue points and other things, especially sorting by date added which I use all the time. Now basically every song was JUST added to the database. UGH! It just seems crazy.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 1:19 pm
Somebody who's using a computer, not keeping backups of important files is also crazy!

Especially if you're working professionally and rely on that file to be able to do your job.

My suggestion would be from now on, keep backups of the VDJ executable (or installation file), the settings file, the database file, the license file - anything important.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 1:35 pm
groovindj wrote :
Somebody who's using a computer, not keeping backups of important files is also crazy!

Especially if you're working professionally and rely on that file to be able to do your job.

My suggestion would be from now on, keep backups of the VDJ executable (or installation file), the settings file, the database file, the license file - anything important.

Yea yea I know :( . There are 2 database files on the 2nd drive. Do I need backups of both of them? Probably just ghost the whole drive today which will get everything.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 1:50 pm
You can still put the broken ones from the backup folder back. It's more than likely that still 99.9% of the file data is in tact.
If repair is not working, just select 'no' to repair.
We found a bug where it could lock up during repair, and a fix is on the way in the next update.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 3:12 pm
Adion wrote :
You can still put the broken ones from the backup folder back. It's more than likely that still 99.9% of the file data is in tact.
If repair is not working, just select 'no' to repair.
We found a bug where it could lock up during repair, and a fix is on the way in the next update.

Update - Ok HUGE help... got back a lot of stuff "first seen" "play count" etc... by moving the backup file back and clicked "no" for repair. Is there something I can do inside the program to now fix it or will I get that error every time I open VDJ now? Also, if it will keep coming up, does that mean nothing new I put in will keep from this point until the next release???

Thanks!

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 5:42 pm

Inviato Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 7:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)