Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Recording Issue B3272 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Open settings. Go to Record Tab. Press Record (Format MP4) Filename to be saved on desktop. Then you will get message waiting for sound to start. Press stop recording.
*Edit* then press again start recording
Now everything is frozen. You have to force close Virtual DJ.
*note nothing is playing.
Windows 10.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:11 am
I just tested it with my PC (Win 10 x64). No problem. It did not freeze on me.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:23 am
That's weird. Did you get any pop up message? Mine just made a windows sound. Im gonna try it on my windows 7 lappy.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:32 am
Just confirmed it on my windows 7 laptop. And this time i had mp3 set so that doesn't play any role

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:34 am
I also tried this. While song was playing i pressed record. Music continued to play but the whole program froze.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:36 am
Magic.DJ check again the steps. I missed one.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:38 am
***Also unless you delete the file that is the recording on the desktop, it will always freeze as soon as yoy press recording. Before this happend, you would get a pop up message asking you if you want to replace that file.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:39 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you have an Nvidia card? If so, try updating drivers or disable useDXVA

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:48 am
Drivers are up to date although i have no clue what the drivers have to do with this.

Adion did you test it out?
Press record (without having nothing loaded on decks)
The press stop and then record again.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:51 am
Dxva is turned off by the way

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No freeze here either (Windows 10, Nvidia GT745). Followed exact steps.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:58 am
I tried it again with your new steps, Works for me. I got 3 (tried it 3 times in a row, START/STOP/START/STOp/START/STOp) files on my desktop. (My desktop PC has ATI)

I'll try my GIG laptop cause that has an Nvidia in it.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 3:58 am
just tried it in Gig Laptop with Nvidia (Driver 368.39) (DXVA set to yes), no problems.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:02 am
I got it on both PCs. Ill try to rename settings xml file temporary and see if it still does it. If it does I'll post a video.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:11 am
Changing name temporary settings.xml solves it. But why is it doing it with my settings?

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:15 am
Ok found the problem!
In the record settings.

If you set RecordOverwrite to 'ask' instead of change filename. It will freeze if you follow my steps.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:18 am
put your settings.xml back , open VirtualDJ, goto Settings-->OPTIONS tab and choose the "modified settings" from the top menu.
Try to change back to default (one-by-one) the ones that could be related to recording and video and see which one is the guilty :)

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:19 am
djdad wrote :
put your settings.xml back , open VirtualDJ, goto Settings-->OPTIONS tab and choose the "modified settings" from the top menu.
Try to change back to default (one-by-one) the ones that could be related to recording and video and see which one is the guilty :)

Beat you to it :D check post above yours. ;)

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:20 am
ahh i see, the "Ask/Overwrite" window is probably hidden

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:21 am
djdad wrote :
ahh i see, the "Ask/Overwrite" window is probably hidden

Yes that's what i think is happening! Must have changed when you guys changed the dependency for windows! Before you would get a pop up.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 4:22 am
87%