Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual folders disappearing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
This weekend while I was working, I was playing some patriotic songs. I decided to save them for later so I created a virtual folder called "seasonal" with a subfolder called "4th of July".

I created them, added some songs, checked if they were there, and continued to gig. Later that night, the 4th of July folder was gone.

I recreated it, copied the music over again, checked it, and continued playing. Later, it was gone again.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing the folders to disappear like that?

Inviato Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 2:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Where did you create them?

Inviato Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 2:43 pm
I'm not sure I understand the question.

I clicked on, I don't know, let's say "history". (since it won't automatically be at the root level). The "seasonal" folder was created at the main level. The 4th of July folder was created within "seasonal".

After adding the music and a little while passing, the seasonal folder stayed but the 4th subfolder was gone. Didn't even show up in the VDJ directory on my computer.

Inviato Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 2:33 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The virtual folder will only show up if the source drive of the files included in the vFolder is connected.

Example:

If your "4th July" only contains tracks of drive M, the vFolder will only show up if drive M is connected.

Inviato Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 2:38 pm
The drive was connected. I was in the middle of a gig. I added the songs and folders as I was playing. While still playing, they disappeared. I recreated them and they disappeared again.

Inviato Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 5:56 pm
Problem seems to have resolved itself. Not sure what happened or why. But, it works again.

Inviato Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 11:34 pm
Was the gig you were playing at a haunted house?

Inviato Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 4:15 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)