Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Temporary Sample

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
When I was young and first caught the bug to DJ, I remember the wedding DJ that I was bothering entirely too much.

As he was playing, he was creating samples to be used in the next song, or as a transition or something.

Is there a way to create temporary samples that don't get saved to the library? I sometimes just want to create a few on the fly to use while I'm playing that song.

Not sure if it's possible or not, but I remember him doing it. He was using one of the old rack mounted controllers and using CDs.

Inviato Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 8:14 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What's the problem with them going in to your library? Just delete the entries when you get a minute.

And no there is no real temp option.

Inviato Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 8:38 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
locodog wrote :
What's the problem with them going in to your library?

I already have so much music, karaoke, and video that I really didn't want to have to manage/name all of those samples. I was hoping for a way just to use them temporarily. If it can't be done, I'll have to figure something else out. Maybe I could just set a remix point and turn on slip. Or maybe clone the deck and do the same. Hmm, not sure.

Inviato Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 8:46 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The action
sampler_rec x

records and saves the sample directly into the X slot of the Recordings Sampler Bank

If you dont care keeping those samples, just use 1 for the X
and the sample can be played either with the action sampler_pad X if the Recording Bank is selected or using ..
sampler_bank 'Recordings Bank' & sampler_pad X

Recorded samples are of course saved in your Hard Drive in all cases. You can still empty the Recordings Bank/folder anytime though.

Inviato Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 8:47 am
What if the user wanted to record several samples, one after the other, into sequential slots?

What would be the action/script to enable recording to slot 1, then slot 2 (if 1 is full), then slot 3 (if 2 is full) and so on?

Inviato Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 4:47 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I just experiment with that: sampler_rec 1, sampler_rec 2 , sampler_rec 3

and these can be mapped to keyboard or smart button.

Inviato Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 4:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If the Recordings Bank is loaded, i guess you could also use something like ..
sampler_loaded 1 ? sampler_loaded 2 ? sampler_loaded 3 ? sampler_rec 4 : sampler_rec 3 : sampler_rec 2 : sampler_rec 1 to get 4 slots handled by a single key . Would overwrite samples of course if all loaded.

Inviato Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 8:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)