Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ask The DJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Will their b a App for Ask the DJ so the guest do not need to type in a URL

Inviato Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 1:31 pm
can i connect hercules air s dj controller to the latest virtual dj 8.2. coz im thinking to buy that controller

Inviato Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 3:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
pumpitentertainment wrote :
Will their b a App for Ask the DJ so the guest do not need to type in a URL

Not a plan, but you can use QR code https://www.google.gr/?ion=1&espv=2#q=QR+code and have your clients/audience scan your AskTheDJ url

DJShivampro wrote :
can i connect hercules air s dj controller to the latest virtual dj 8.2. coz im thinking to buy that controller

This topic is about the AskTheDJ feature of VirtualDJ, not a generic one to Ask A DJ :) so please open a new topic with your question, or search for a relative one to post. Short answer : Yes, but you will need to purchase a License of VirtualDJ.

Inviato Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 4:03 pm
I love most of the features of askthedj. I am curious when I setup a venue why the music is not filtered into an "askthedj" subfolder based on the venue it is requested from. This would allow me to put out to the client the option to request songs ahead of the event and I could prep my playlists and get a feel for the audience prior to the evening of the event.

Thank you.

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 10:31 pm
That's a cool idea. Thanks for bringing it up I never used the Ask The DJ feature before and just tried it and it seems pretty nice. Question: Have you (or any mobile or club DJ's reading this) had any problems with negative comments in there. Wise guys/gals?

Inviato Fri 03 Feb 17 @ 8:33 pm
Not yet. However, I would imagine my response would be to simply delete the message. 1) it's not public and 2) it doesn't really impact me in he sense that I am going to spend time to talk with them about the outcomes of their actions (I'm a social worker by day, so that would be the normal response that I would have)...

Inviato Sat 04 Feb 17 @ 1:52 am
Good day my fellow djs,can any one tell me how to set a scratch settings on vdj 8,because i used cdj 400 but the scratching sound was bad...

This post is totally irrelevant to the topic of this thread. Please do not hijack other peoples topic, start your own. Thank you, AMAHM

Inviato Mon 06 Feb 17 @ 9:13 am
As for being able to get the request before hand, this feature is location based, so you have to be at the location. You could have your home as one of your locations, and have the request show up there. As for the idiots sending rude messages, at my club you have to tip me a minimum $10.00 to insult me. I even had a manager send me some stupid message (I don't get along with ANY of the managers). From that moment on, minimum $10.00 tip to talk to me. Most of my clients at the club still find it easier to give me the money, because they don't have/or like PayPal.

Inviato Mon 06 Feb 17 @ 9:29 pm
yeah i think the paypal feature is a bit useless, aint there another ways to do it??? the less complicated the better i think ...

Inviato Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 4:26 pm
It would be really great to be able have multiple venues live at the same time and the requests filtered by venue

It would also be great if you could set how long to save the requests for, and if you not online for then to be ques until you log in, this would enable you to advertise the URL in advance

Inviato Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 6:05 pm
i couldn't log into my virtual dj 8. when i log in, it shows the log in page again that i need to log in. and any time i open it it will download saying the virtual dj has been updated. if i want to use the new one. even if i say yes, it will still refuse to log me in

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 3:51 pm
Why is it Twitter or the ask.the.dj site and not both? I could of sworn you could do both before?? Was this part of an update? Why why why?

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 2:44 am
Will AskthDJ ever get additional payment options available for the crowd, other than PayPal? Many of my crowds use Apple Pay, Google Wallet, or want to use their credit card.
A lot of them do not like Paypal or don't have an account and that means money out of my pocket for request.
Just curious!

Inviato Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 2:02 pm
Is there a way to see a history of what was requested in the ask.the.dj feature? Kind of like the searchlog file?

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 2:25 pm
Only if you export the view at the time. Requests only remain on the server for 24 hours, after that they disappear.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 2:49 pm
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
Only if you export the view at the time. Requests only remain on the server for 24 hours, after that they disappear.

Thanks. But, If I have already deleted the view in my VDJ application, does that mean they are already gone? Did that by accident last night and had a lot of good requests I want to follow up on and make sure they were in my library.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 2:53 pm
It does I'm afraid. They will sit there for 24 hours or until you delete them. Which is comes first.

What I tend to do is move song requests into the sideview once received in ATDJ. Then leave everything in ATDJ until the end of my show.
This means I can go back later and review, see who requested it when I play the track to give them a mention.

That said, sometimes I forget and delete a request by mistake.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 3:20 pm
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
It does I'm afraid. They will sit there for 24 hours or until you delete them. Which is comes first.

What I tend to do is move song requests into the sideview once received in ATDJ. Then leave everything in ATDJ until the end of my show.
This means I can go back later and review, see who requested it when I play the track to give them a mention.

That said, sometimes I forget and delete a request by mistake.

Thanks Dan. Good tip.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 3:31 pm
I'm a Wedding DJ and was going to start using Ask The DJ feature. How is everyone getting the message to guest on how to use the system?
I was thinking of placing bi-fold cards on each table with a message and a QR code that could be scanned. What has everyone else done or tried?

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 2:49 pm
You just posted the same question an hour ago, in another thread. Please don't post the same thing multiple times.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 4:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)