Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Soundswitch support - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

https://soundswitch.com/

Can a developer from the team please reach out to these guys and see if VDJ can get supported as well as Serato??

Inviato Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:18 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Unlikely, a NZ company [actually probably an off shoot of serato] I get the feeling that'll be tied to serato exclusively.

Inviato Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:33 pm
No ties to Serato other then supporting them first. They said have a developer from VDJ reach out to them if id like to see this supported with my software of choice.

Inviato Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:48 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I will give them a shout.

Inviato Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 5:00 pm
For $499 it'd better be AMAZING!

Inviato Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 5:06 pm
SBDJ wrote :

Just wondering is you ever got a response from them on this working with VDJ?

Thanks!

Inviato Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 6:35 am
I reached out to Dan at Sound Switch and he said they are in discussions. But I don't know what that means... licensing? or code? Anyone from VDJ have an update?

Please and Thanks!

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 17 @ 4:22 am
Here is the most recent response from SoundSwitch; I am posting here because I found it amusing;

SoundSwitch wrote :

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: SoundSwitch 1.2 Update
Date: Wed, March 29, 2017 6:43 pm
To: DJKrazyIan

Hey Krazy,

Firstly, Serato and Traktor are the two most popular DJ Softwares in the US and Europe respectively. Traktor, Serato and Virtual DJ are all great products in their own right and its more a matter of personal preference.

Secondly, SoundSwitch is ready to support other DJ Softwares outside of Serato DJ, however, it is not up to us whether this is possible but is in the hands of Virtual DJ, we cannot simply connect to other DJ software, it is not technically possible as softwares require API's in order to successfully integrate with other programs.

We have spoken with the Team at Virtual DJ and have agreed to support their software in the near future but it is up to them when this happens, again, this is not up to us and if we could make things happen faster we would, however, the ball is in Virtual DJs court and we are patiently waiting to add support for their software.

We will let you know when Virtual DJ is supported.

Talk soon.

SO From this response, we are waiting on VirtualDJ? Is this true VDJ, are we waiting on you? Or did SoundSwitch lie?
Any answer and/or update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 3:53 am

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 5:40 pm
Wow Chauvet DJ put out a great video today.
It had 5 DMX universes, 4 FlairCons

This made a great US Flag !!! And it waved!!!

Then they pushed the bounds and added in SoundSwitch....

Unfortunately, they did not mention Virtual DJ because it is not compatible with such a great new product, but they sure pumped the one software that supports it.. Lots of lost free advertising.

Inviato Thu 29 Jun 17 @ 4:45 pm
SOUNDSWITCH wrote :
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SoundSwitch Re: RE: SoundSwitch 1.3
Date: Wed, July 19, 2017 4:58 pm
To: DJKrazyIan

SoundSwitch Customer Support

Hey,
Still waiting for the team at Virtual DJ to provide us with the information we need to proceed. This is the only thing stopping us from adding Virtual DJ Support.
We are sorry that its taking so long but it is totally out of our hands at this point.
Talk soon.

So what VirtualDJ Does not want to help? They don't want to expand and grow?

Why will VirtualDJ not provide to them what ever it is they need?

Inviato Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 10:24 pm
did you see this?

SBDJ wrote :

Inviato Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 11:33 pm
wickedmix wrote :
did you see this?

SBDJ wrote :

Did you see that was Posted Tue 26 Jul 2016 @ 5:00 pm

And my response from SoundSwitch was dated Wed, July 19, 2017 4:58 pm
If you would like I can wait 7 more days and get an updated response from SoundSwitch then it will be a full year exactly?

But I figure If SBDJ did not a response in the last 358 days.... He will not be getting one in the next week either...

However, I hope I am wrong and VDJ does update both SBDJ and SoundSwitch and all us users who want to use SS and VDJ.

Inviato Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 11:48 pm
SoundSwitch is the BIG talk this year at DJ EXPO...... Does Virtual DJ have a response to why they do not want to support a new popular product that is drawing interest from all over? Not to mention free publicity?

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 17 @ 8:45 pm
The big talk? DJ Expo hasn't even started yet.

Inviato Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 12:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
The big talk? DJ Expo hasn't even started yet.

Sure I would be happy to elaborate;

While you are correct DJ Expo has not started yet. But people, businesses, news outlets, etc.. all talk about new products before an event to draw more interest in the actual event.

Just in the past week alone, SoundSwitch has been talked about in regards to the EXPO:

www.djtimes.com/chauvet-dj-unveil-collection-firsts-dj-expo/

www.idjnow.com/blog/

www.facebook.com/idjnownyc/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuahe_INJE0

www.mmrmagazine.com/94.../5681-chauvet-dj-announces-plans-for-dj-expo-2017.html

So yes this product is being talked about before the expo, and when talked about it mentions the other software it works with. Or when people look into the SoundSwitch they see the other software it works with. With no mention for Virtual DJ.... And should one wander over to these great forums, and search for SoundSwitch... They see a post that does not get responded to in regards to support for it or an eta. They will also note that SoundSwitch puts the ball in Atomix/VDJ corner to help get the product supported.

But hey Thanks for your input... It's valued and appreciated. And I understand your frustration with no update. Hopefully, with your interest, we will get an answer soon!

Inviato Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 5:45 pm
TBH when Freestyler works just fine with VDJ already, and there are the SBDJ plugin & Phantom's new "remote control" skin/UI, personally I don't see the need to shell out $499 for the SoundSwitch software and DMX dongle (which is probably proprietary) when I have a generic USB dongle that works with multiple s/w.

But maybe that's just me...

Inviato Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 6:45 pm
Well good thing it's not dependent on wether you like it or not, lmao!!

Groovin Scott already said he'd look into so we were/are disappointed it's taken this long. I'm not even sure if Scott works here anymore as it's been months since I've seen a post anywhere by him.

As for the other plugins you've mentioned NONE have the ease of use this one has.....

Inviato Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 9:13 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Well good thing it's not dependent on wether you like it or not, lmao!!

Well said man, well said.. I figured his own response, gave a pretty clear idea he was a troll... so I did not respond to it.

But on a side note; On the front page of IDJNOW.com is a BIG ChauvetDJ/SoundSwitch add.... But i guess not one is talking about it still.....

And YES SoundSwitch is a Plug and Play device and very easy to use. (Just not with VirtualDJ)

Inviato Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 12:18 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Someone else on the team was looking into this; I will try and find out what happened/is happening.

Ultimately there is nothing stopping SoundSwitch from supporting this via them creating a plugin however.

Inviato Thu 17 Aug 17 @ 8:28 am
26%