Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Automix Prepare
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Discussion about Automix Prepare

Automix prepare

Automix prepare lets you set your mix in and mix out points from your controller, with the goal of speeding up your track preparation.
Shifted pads give you track navigation options, less mouse work, saving you time.

This plugin is exclusive to Pro licence holders for 2months after which it will be open to all.

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 9:28 pm
Blimey! You are on fire locodog, loving your addons

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 9:30 pm
Thank you, really liking making tools like these that will save people time.

Inviato Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 9:40 pm
Just what I have been looking for!
What is the actual difference between Fade in/out, Full Song in/out, Tempo in/out and cut in/out? Having a hard time figuring out what does what when on various settings of automix types i.e. Smart (Tempo), Fade (Remove intro/outro), Fade (Remove Silence), Fade (Remove nothing) and None (Back to Back)

In the past to get a song to fade in on automix I have always set all the Fade/Tempo/Cut parameters to the same part of the song manually - a real PITA!
Thanks

Inviato Sun 04 Sep 16 @ 5:37 pm
navydiver wrote :
What is the actual difference...

Having a hard time figuring out what does what...

Perhaps read the section on Automix in your VDJ manual. There's also an online manual now (in theory, more current) via the wiki.

Inviato Sun 04 Sep 16 @ 6:20 pm
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/editors/poieditor/automixpoints.html

tempo is only called with smart mix (matches bpm and is usually the earliest to mix out) if there is no tempo mix point or bpms are to wide apart it will try a cut mix

fade in/out relates to fade remove intro outro
full song is fade remove silence
fade remove nothing and back to back don't use automix points

Thanks for the feedback and I hope this saves you some time

Inviato Sun 04 Sep 16 @ 6:31 pm
locodog wrote :
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/editors/poieditor/automixpoints.html

tempo is only called with smart mix (matches bpm and is usually the earliest to mix out) if there is no tempo mix point or bpms are to wide apart it will try a cut mix

fade in/out relates to fade remove intro outro
full song is fade remove silence
fade remove nothing and back to back don't use automix points

Thanks for the feedback and I hope this saves you some time

Many thanks Locodog - this is more what I was looking for rather than the "read the manual shtick" most people send out - I of course did that before posing the question but that section was simply not sinking in. Probably because the manual is not geared for the specific question (nor can it be, i get that). Saves me scads of time with Trial and Error. One last question: Is there a quick and easy way of deleting all the points automatically placed cut/fade/tempo when a new song is added to the db? Going in and removing them in the POI Editor one at a time is a PITA....
Thanks again...

Inviato Sun 04 Sep 16 @ 9:34 pm
I get both sides of the argument, too many do expect someone else to read the manual for them, but on the other hand I was told before that page of the manual existed directly by Adion and it still took a bit before I got it

Why remove the mixpoints?

You can only have one of each point so when you [re]place one it deletes the old one anyway
either way, no there is no script [quick] way to delete a mix point

Inviato Sun 04 Sep 16 @ 10:07 pm
I am finding that many of the real long songs there are multiple breaks and end breaks that clutter up the poi editor. What do all these auto inserted breaks do? I also find that VDJ 8.2 gets it grossly wrong more often than not. I would rather have no auto points inserted than ones that are embarassingly placed. With the amount of music video files I have from my service it is impossible to go to them all one at a time and tweak these set points....

Inviato Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 4:14 am
They are remix points, remix points are essentially automatically placed hotcues, if you don't call them they don't matter.

Inviato Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 8:26 am
2 months is up, I've requested the page is available to all users.

Inviato Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 4:55 am
hi guys

Inviato Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 7:46 am
just a little one,
if I'm listening to an auto mix list and set FadeOut it bangs in a really hard cut in because I think it sets the end point straight away,
so would it be possible to set it to maybe to a desired number of beats or seconds after hitting the button/pad?
edit;
and if the number of seconds could be linked to the current fade length that would be like amazing ;-)

Inviato Sun 09 Apr 17 @ 7:08 pm
If I remember, I could only place a mixpoint with the playhead.
Not sure if anything has changed there, there's the clone out method which should work but atomix aren't fans of doing stuff that way. (Not allowed in releases)
It probably causes problems.

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 17 @ 12:39 pm