Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-RX cross fader issue

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all. Just got a DDJ-RX and the cross fader is behaving oddly. It appears to be doing nothing and both decks A & B play together? I then changed the cross fader assign switches on the controller. Now it kind of works, but as you move the slider from say the left to the middle, deck A has already started fading out? Any idea whats going on?

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 1:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is a Crossfader Curve knob available on the DDJ-RX to define the CF slope (behavior)

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 1:37 pm
So was I correct in altering the cross fader assign switches?

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 2:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, if you want the crossdader to apply on decks, you need to set the CF ASSIGN buttons/switchers to either Left (A) or Right (B).

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 2:27 pm
Thanks! Might be a stupid question but is there any reason you'd not want to apply it to decks?

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 7:13 pm
If you don't like using a crossfader .....

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 7:28 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Or perhaps if you want a channel as a sub master.

Inviato Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 7:54 pm
OK, so I had a quick play this morning. The cross-fader is set to smooth on the controller and thats great. But, when you pull the cross-fader to the middle with nothing playing on deck B, you can hear and see from the VU meter that the sound is quieter? Never seen that before on any other DJ software. Surely it should maintain the full volume until you get past that middle point? This happens with or without the DDJ making me suspect I may have an option enabled?

Also, should the sync button not be trying to lock the "beat keeper & phrase indicator"? If I'm a fraction off, the audio is out of sync/not aligned? It doesn't seem to do anything. Again, seems to make little difference with or without the DDJ? I hit the sync button on deck b and it does nothing to sync the tempo to track a?

Sorry if these are basic questions!

Inviato Sat 20 Aug 16 @ 11:34 am
1) The crossfader behavior depends on crossfader curve. The crossfader curve is a setting that's remembered among different sessions of the software. So, if you set a curve (by using the CF Curve knob on the front of your unit) and then you restart the software without it, this setting will be remembered and applied even though the controller is not connected.
2) All modern controllers report their knobs on startup. This means that when you connect your controller and start the software, the position of the CF Curve knob will be reported to the software and it may "alter" your preferred setting.
A possible solution is to adjust (via settings) your favorite CF curve and then disable the CF Curve knob on your mapper.
3) The SYNC button relies on the CBG (the dots you see under the waveforms) to do it's job. So, if for any reason these dots (the CBG) is not properly aligned with the audio then the SYNC button will fail.
Solution: A) Rescan your files if they were scanned before VirtualDj 8.2 since version 8.2 has a better CBG detection algorithm and B) Adjust the CBG manually for tracks that VirtualDj fails to do it properly (most likely they are tracks that don't have steady tempo / have tempo fluactations and VirtualDj applies an "overall" CBG)

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 8:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)