+1 for native NDI

Inviato Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 7:46 pm
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
NDI... C'mon team, even VLC supports it now :p

Inviato Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 7:17 pm
+1

Inviato Mon 19 Apr 21 @ 6:53 pm
Many ways to do it though....
can use the Spout plugin (and Spout to NDI)

And didnt test, but apparently NDI Tools should work well (saw a video of someone using with VDJ)

Inviato Mon 19 Apr 21 @ 7:00 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
With respect, I think the issue is we need something simpler for most people to use. We already have a lot to do at our events, with setup, etc. There Spout sender or receiver plugins. Then start the Spout to NDI or NDI to Spout, depending on direction. Then the other video app. What order to start it all in.. Plus the extra processing, CPU time, and added delay of making additional hops.

I think you guys are really missing out on not having direct NDI support. It could be the one way to take the plugins & adapter apps right out of the equation.

Inviato Sun 30 May 21 @ 8:58 am
Also, in my conversations over the years, I was once told by a plugin developer that direct NDI as a VDJ effect is not efficient because plugins directly to NDI would need to use "plain old CPU memcpy". It would be far more efficient to use OpenGL and transfer to NDI outside of VDJ. This is why we push for Native NDI support. There has to be a better way to do that NDI support was built in.

Inviato Sun 30 May 21 @ 4:12 pm

Inviato Sun 30 May 21 @ 6:55 pm
Not of fan of capture to be honest, it just has not been reliable for me. Especially because I am trying to go into vMix, and capture/scan converter does not seem to be recognized in vMix (as of this weekend, NDI tool 4.6 & vMix 24.0.0.58). I know about vMix desktop capture too. But honestly, why can't VDJ just output NDI without rubber cement and duct tape? It opens up nearly endless doors. I would think you guys would welcome this kind of capability for video mapping, streaming and all kinds of capability. There would be no need for crazy options, just NDI, then we can do what we want with our video outside of VDJ.

Not to mention I would need an open monitor to have the window open to be captured. I am streaming and not using a "crowd monitor". Direct NDI would eliminate the need for all of that.

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 12:48 am
sounds like a good idea, and you might pick up a few wayward serato users and gives VDJ to major shows for video control...interesting ! I was just considering the 2 Dj combination thang and looked at video capture in a second machine to take to Arena or equivalent, or just get a 2ch hardware video mixer-)

Inviato Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 5:13 pm