Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: song analyzing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hi ppl

i am using vdj8 on windows 8
i have analyzed all my songs using vdj
and added the keys with mik

when my whole library has been checked
when i load a song why does song still take a few moments to load the wavform ?

i notice on serato and traktor once analyzed the wavform loads instantly

thanks

Inviato Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 9:42 am
The song plays from ram is why it takes a second to load unless its over a certain size.

Inviato Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 10:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Tracks take some time to load into buffer/memory and are still processed no matter if you have analyzed those or not. The mentioned software store the waveform into graphics files which are also used to be displayed on the Browser, but when you see the graphics loaded, it doesnt mean that the track is fully loaded. There is still a loading process in the background.
In fact i prefer the way VDJ handles this, since i know if a track loaded fine and fully.and i know that when i see the entire graphics representation on the screen, i know that the entire track will play fine
But anyways, its just a graphics approach.

Inviato Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 2:21 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
So here is my contribution. I have started taking pictures of songs with off beat grids during my shows. These are not Rock and they are extremely common (at least in the US). I did reanalyze my entire library a few months ago. I believe there were some improvements in detection in earlier 8.2 builds. I have not done so recently.

First is "Flo Rida - Low". I fixed this one before I took the pic but the problem here was the down beat marker was just in front of the down beat. Not half beat off, more like the back edge of the down beat marker was lined up instead of the front of that marker. The video is from VJ Pro, so this is a high quality MP4

(Pics don't seem to upload at the moment. I can send them or attach later if you feel it is important)

The next was "Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk". This was one beat off. I believe VDJ indicated the down beat (first) as #3 out of 4.

I am hoping that this shows that very common songs can still be frequently off. The bad part is that I just manually fix them so they work. So I have no idea all of the tracks that I have already fixed. VJ Pro is my primary supplier too, so quality is not an issue.

Inviato Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 4:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

For uptown funk the detection was perfect for me. Only the down-beat was 1 beat off, but that's still ok for using the sync button at the right time.
Flo Rida - Low was half a beat off, so using the tap button 4 times while it was playing was enough to shift it exactly half a beat, after which it was also spot on.
It is better than it was in 8.1, but with these kind of breaks it is still sometimes off half a beat because of the many beats that are present half a beat off.
We are working on improving this further though.

(Btw, I think you posted in the wrong topic, as this topic is about caching of waveforms, not about beat being off)

Inviato Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 6:26 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
That was a big oops on my part then. Feel free to move me if possible. I thought I found a different thread where a guy had his whole 300K song library wrong. I obviously didn't read the past posts this time. Sorry for changing topic and my Apologies to the OP too.

To complete the thought though. Sounds like you saw what I did. Good, but it is off pretty often.

Inviato Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 1:07 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)