Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ContentUnlimited - official comment - Page: 8

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So through the rabbit hole that is the internet, I ended up reading this thread even though I've never used NetSearch or ContentUnlimited.

First, how did nobody notice that earlier in the thread, the couple of users who were complaining about not finding tracks by "Rhianna" were spelling "Rihanna" wrong (I and H were switched), haha.

Secondly, what if Atomix simply billed for each streamed track in the software? If you look at the going royalty rates on Spotify as an example, it would be the cheapest DJ music service known to man -- http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/05/26/band-1-million-spotify-streams-royalties/

Even if you want to use ContentUnlimited to practice at home on top of playing at gigs, and you streamed 100 tracks per day, 365 days per year, you'd only be paying $179 per year or a little less than $15/month, based on the average stream royalty posted in that article. And I would argue that most users would have less than 36,500 streams per year. Also, iDJPool would simply serve as the content server/repository, Atomix would need to work out some sort of royalty tracking system to layer on top of it.

Just a thought. Not saying the numbers would play out exactly that way, but by way of example, I think it demonstrates that it would be feasible financially and follow a model that evidently has already been approved by the recording industry.

Of course, this doesn't apply to video.... but perhaps VJ-Pro's content provider, Screenplay, could come up with some licensing agreement similar to what they do for bar/restaurant/venue music video content. Or somebody like Orange Door, controlPLAY, etc. It would be a slightly different end user model but not that far of a stretch.

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 8:14 pm
adlbrkPRO SubscriberMember since 2017
I'm glad to know virtual dj8 can be used in the uk. There seems to be a few too many glitches with these subscriptions. I need something I can rely on internationally so I guess we'll see if I still have access outside the us.

Inviato Sun 06 May 18 @ 5:13 pm
Want to subscribe for both Karaoke and Audio Service is there a way to bundle them?

Inviato Tue 15 May 18 @ 4:25 am
No bundle discount, as they are different companies.

Inviato Thu 17 May 18 @ 9:17 am
groovindj wrote :
iDJPool (the service they offer on their own web site) is not related to Content Unlimited.

If you subscribe to iDJPool, you are able to download and keep MP3 files. On the other hand, Content Unlimited (from Atomix) only allows you to stream or download rented music that's copy protected. The CU service is provided by iDJPool but it's not the same thing as their own service.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 4:35 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)