Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mixars DUO - First mapping + call for opinions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Veit0rHome userMember since 2016
Hey there,
I just made a quick mapping for the Mixars DUO.
You can get it here:
http://db-tech.homeip.net:8000/d/edcd94fc38/

A few complaining words:
Im no DJ on a regular basis. I am part of the german mixars salesteam. We had some customers asking for a mapping, and this is my approch to this.

The controller definition and and the mapping are still in "beta" state. Some buttons/switches/knobs are not yet implemented. For example the whole section on the front side where you can set up your faders curves etc. are not in the definition. A good thing is: every(!) control element on the duo is midified. This is my first mapping, thats why I also have some questions:

-I am wondering if the "typical" vdj user uses timecode. Since the Duo is a serato enabled mixer and its design relies on the fact that you use control vinyl, there are no playback controls. I mapped the pads wich are normally cues to playback controls. I wonder if you guys think thats a proper solution.

-If so, wich Control (style) do you prefer?

-I have defined one LED (Pad1, left, cuemode) but cant get it to work. Am I right that I cant do that via the GUI Interface? I havent found much Information or examples regarding the use of LEDs in the wiki or forum. Basically I want to show the current playback state with colors as first step.

-feel free to give your comments, and if possible, try it :)

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 12:23 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't own a Mixars DUO so can't test, if you've got any to give away drop a message on my homepage wall XD

you can map the leds from the interface but you must select from the dropdown box below "key"

also you've gone for unique names for every item, I like this [if makes one off buttons easier to map]
but you can do this so there's only one name to map for all sides

yours
def file
<slider cc="0x17" name="EQ: HI CH1" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<slider cc="0x18" name="EQ: MID CH1" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<slider cc="0x19" name="EQ: LOW CH1" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<slider cc="0x1A" name="EQ: Filter CH1" deck="1" channel="0"/>

<slider cc="0x17" name="EQ: HI CH2" deck="2" channel="1"/>
<slider cc="0x18" name="EQ: MID CH2" deck="2" channel="1"/>
<slider cc="0x19" name="EQ: LOW CH2" deck="2" channel="1"/>
<slider cc="0x1A" name="EQ: Filter CH2" deck="2" channel="1"/>
mapping
<map value="EQ: HI CH1" action="eq_high" />
<map value="EQ: HI CH2" action="eq_high" />
<map value="EQ: MID CH1" action="eq_mid" />
<map value="EQ: MID CH2" action="eq_mid" />
<map value="EQ: LOW CH1" action="eq_low" />
<map value="EQ: LOW CH2" action="eq_low" />
<map value="EQ: Filter CH1" action="filter" />
<map value="EQ: Filter CH2" action="filter" />

other way
def file
<slider cc="0x17" name="EQ: HI" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<slider cc="0x18" name="EQ: MID" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<slider cc="0x19" name="EQ: LOW" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<slider cc="0x1A" name="EQ: Filter" deck="1" channel="0"/>

<slider cc="0x17" name="EQ: HI" deck="2" channel="1"/>
<slider cc="0x18" name="EQ: MID" deck="2" channel="1"/>
<slider cc="0x19" name="EQ: LOW" deck="2" channel="1"/>
<slider cc="0x1A" name="EQ: Filter" deck="2" channel="1"/>
mapping
<map value="EQ: HI" action="eq_high" />
<map value="EQ: MID" action="eq_mid" />
<map value="EQ: LOW" action="eq_low" />
<map value="EQ: Filter" action="filter" />

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 2:29 pm

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 2:36 pm
Veit0rHome userMember since 2016
Hi Locodog,
thanks for your reply :)

I already noticed the "double definitions/differ per deck" thing, but decided to adress them independently for a maximum of flexibility.

regarding the LED topic..

My orientation was this example from the vdjpedia:

<color note="0x59" values="0x00=#000000,0x01=#FF0000,0x02=#FF7F00,0x03=#7F3F00,0x04=#FFFF00,0x05=#00FF00,0x06=#007F00,0x07=#00FFFF,0x08=#00007F" name="LED_FX_PAD1" deck="1" channel="1"/>
<color note="0x3C" name="LED_PAD1" default="PAD1" values="0x00=black,0x18=blue,0x28=green,0x38=cyan,0x48=red,0x58=magenta,0x68=yellow,0x70=gray,0x78=white" deck="1" channel="7" />

I just dont get the mapping itself. I noticed it shows up in the dropdown but what is to do next? I thought I have to set the LEDs state to one of the predefined values.
For example when pressing Play, not just start the Playback with play command but also set the LEDs state. When Pressing Pause, set the state to a color + let it blink. etc.

I noticed the "ONINIT" Is there some kind of Trigger I can use to initialize the colors/states/variables wen starting up vdj or connecting the controller?

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 3:56 pm
<map value="LED_PAD_1_1" action="var &apos;$mk2page&apos; 0 ? loop 0.125 ? blink 200ms ? color &apos;red&apos; : nothing : color &apos;red&apos; : var &apos;$mk2page&apos; 1 ? get_sample_color 1 : var &apos;$mk2page&apos; 2 ? deck left cue_color 1 : var &apos;$mk2page&apos; 3 ? deck left effect_active 1 ? color &apos;cyan&apos; : color &apos;blue&apos; : var &apos;$mk2page&apos; 4 ? var &apos;$shift&apos; ? deck left padshift_button_color 1 : deck left pad_button_color 1 : var &apos;$mk2page&apos; 5 ? color &apos;blue&apos; : var &apos;$mk2page&apos; 6 ? var &apos;$dial&apos; 1 ? effect_slider &apos;turnado&apos; 13 0% ? color &apos;white&apos; : off : color &apos;blue&apos;  : var &apos;$mk2page&apos; 7 ? deck 1 get_level _left &amp; param_bigger 0.97 ? color &apos;red&apos; : off" />

This is an example from my launchpad2
the variables are the page of the lauchpad so it queries, page variable == 0 ? loop 1/8th ? yes, blink 200ms ? [blink is a command but as it's a on : off, it is posed as a query] on reply to the blink query/command color red, : off reply nothing [no colour] : no loop not 1/8th constant red : page variable != 0, does it ==1

etc etc etc

and yes ONINIT and ONEXIT can be used to perform any script

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 4:51 pm
Whats the latest update with this mixer... The Radio I started play at just bought this and I'm not sure if it would work with VDJ...

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 10:40 pm
Hello Guys I own A New Mixars DUO MK2 ,Can Anyone Help On how to connect This Mixer with VirtualDJ8???

Inviato Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 3:42 pm

Inviato Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 6:23 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)