Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VideoDelay should affect visualizations

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I use a visualization plugin for audio-only files (when I'm not running karaoke), and it looks fantastic in the VirtualDJ preview window. Unfortunately, the output mechanism I use introduces a 50-100ms delay into the video, completely ruining the effect of real-time audio visualization. It makes it appear to be a random visualizer.

I'd like to suggest that if you have a VideoDelay set up (which synchronizes the video output from a track with the perceived audio), then that same delay should apply to the audio-only visualization plugin. In other words, for all predetermined audio being played from a buffer, feed audio ahead of the actual play position to the visualization plugin to compensate for the video delay.

Example: I'm playing a song and the visualization is active. Audio playback is at 44,100 samples, my video delay is set at 200ms (8,820 samples), so the data provided to the visualization plugin should be at 52,920 samples.

Inviato Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 2:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)